Cloning Vats

It would be interesting if you could clone your character in a lab.

Some possibilities for cloning:

The clone would probably only have those skills etc that you had at the time of cloning, but some skills might have randomly decayed due to an imperfect cloning process…

The original character could have a CBM implanted that activates the clone (as the player) when the original dies…

A clone could be activated as an NPC…

There could be a chance that the clone mutates…

There could be a chance that the clone becomes hostile…

A high computer skill might allow the player to “implant” skills in the clone, if they have the skill high enough themselves or have a reference (e.g. a book or software)…

The character could implant CBMs in the clone before it’s activated…

Perhaps using a syringe on a dead NPC or monster would allow you to clone it in a vat later…

Sounds like some !!fun!! stuff that could be done in labs later on.

Really. I want to be able to toy with things no man was ever meant to play with once the game advances enough as some really late-game stuff to do.

It’s unfashionable, but what was the kind of stuff that happened in Space Station 13? I could never play it due to lag, but I know the doctors in the game were a thing of fear.

I know alternate game starts was a thing that was to be hopefully included, I can see this as a very nice tie-in to that feature. I also enjoy the horrible idea of cannon fodder copy selves running amok covered in vat goo, but maybe I just like mayhem too much. Hmm that might get messy if they start running around in the lab I’ve raided. Turrets everywhere. Yeeh.

how about a clone has a chance to go hostile and attack you?

I think the forum has already discursed the cloning stuff. I think

When you died, the medical staff was able to clone your body, giving you a second chance to live again in another copy of your body.
I remenber a little story: a doctor knocked me out, cloned my body at least 5 times and then replaced the brain of those clones with brains of dead players willing to play again. 6 Paul Potato running around the space station. Good day.

“GbloooooTeaamvenTUUURE!”