Clifford the Big Red Tank Drone

So I finally got the resources together for a control laptop and friendly-ed a tank bot that has plagued me since my game started. Now it follows me around everywhere, literally at my heels, breaking everything that comes between me and it. Walls, windows, display racks, my wheelbarrow full of loot…thanks, Tank Bot. >:( I’m afraid to go back to my nice mobile base because I’m sure he’ll destroy it trying to cuddle up in bed with me. I’m afraid to shoot at it because I don’t know if it’ll explode or how big the blast radius is going to be. I can’t get more than two tiles away from it. I’ve set it to passive and active mode both and the darn thing won’t quit sniffing my butt. I’d like to keep it, but how do I teach it to SIT! STAY! GOOD TANK BOT!

1 Like

Does it follow you or the control laptop? Maybe it’s coded so as long as you have the control laptop your technically using that to have it follow you. Try dropping the laptop in a safe building. My guess is this will work as it follows the laptop but who knows.

Oh and set it to active first, which means your probably controlling it with the laptop.

[quote=“Kryxx, post:2, topic:9978”]Does it follow you or the control laptop? Maybe it’s coded so as long as you have the control laptop your technically using that to have it follow you. Try dropping the laptop in a safe building. My guess is this will work as it follows the laptop but who knows.

Oh and set it to active first, which means your probably controlling it with the laptop.[/quote]

It follows you not the laptop, the laptop is only the tool you use to communicate with it, nothing more.

That said, there’s no way to make robots stop following you. Simply keep exploring cities with it following you, it will eventually die.

I could more see it running out of ammo then start using the flamethrower and end up catching the player on fire.

I could more see it running out of ammo then start using the flamethrower and end up catching the player on fire.[/quote]

This is why we don’t befriend tank drones. Because eventually they show their love by covering us in napalm.

Tank drones don’t explode, and if they’re friendly they won’t fight back.

What I wanna do is create a big base and lead several skitterbots in the courtyard as guards.

[quote=“Azrad, post:6, topic:9978”]Tank drones don’t explode, and if they’re friendly they won’t fight back.

What I wanna do is create a big base and lead several skitterbots in the courtyard as guards.[/quote]

i’ve had similar ideas, but bases are oh so boring. I’m always on the road in my trusty deathmobile. Only getting out to grab some loot (that i don’t really need anyway). But i li.ke to do the killing on my own, with my trusty bow or with a katana(preferably a diamond one)

What I usually do to lose a befriended tank drone is lead it to the front door of a house, enter and close the door behind you with the tank drone still outside. Then run like hell out the backdoor, with any luck you’ll leave it trapped on the map unable to follow you once outside the reality bubble. You can also do this with cars (just drive away really fast), with the added bonus of always being able to come back and get your tank drone buddy if you need him.

OP, I’m sorry but I find your situation to be very funny. Any chances your character is named Alyx Vance?

ominous rumble

“What was…oh. Oh shit. No! Bad boy, heel! H-”

CRASH

“Statement: Arf arf.”

Well, the solution was to survive Clifford’s attentions until dark, turn off all lights, and then run like hell for the truck. Then drive like hell. I just recently drove back to the area to find:

The tank drone hits the moose!
The tank drone’s 120 mm cannon fires!
From the northeast you hear a kerblam!
You are deafened!
The moose dies!
The tank drone’s 120mm cannon fires!
The tank drone shoots the turkey!
The turkey dies!

Clifford’s a huntin’ dawg now.

[quote=“Malice Aforethought, post:11, topic:9978”]Well, the solution was to survive Clifford’s attentions until dark, turn off all lights, and then run like hell for the truck. Then drive like hell. I just recently drove back to the area to find:

You are deafened!
The moose dies!
The turkey dies!

Clifford’s a huntin’ dawg now.[/quote]

MY SIDES

[quote=“Malice Aforethought, post:11, topic:9978”]Well, the solution was to survive Clifford’s attentions until dark, turn off all lights, and then run like hell for the truck. Then drive like hell. I just recently drove back to the area to find:

You are deafened!
The moose dies!
The turkey dies!

Clifford’s a huntin’ dawg now.[/quote]

Because there is no better use of 120mm HEAT shells than shooting wildlife. Truly, Clifford has learned to thrive in the cataclysm. Was there enough left of the corpses for you to recover any usable remains? Cause I think you’ve just unlocked a secret to automated hunting.

I’m well fed enough that I didn’t stop to truly investigate the carnage, but in passing, it looked like there was a lot of pulping going on. I miiiiiight have been able to scrape up a hamburger. At the risk of becoming hamburger. Or at least, grilled. Ya know how it is.

Clifford’s way of venting anger from abandonment is by hunting nature and its EVIL forces.

This reminds me of a mod I am trying to make where the character has a Body Guard Robot but after te deactivating and activating it again it stops Following the player Even if I used the laptop It’s like your problem but reversed