Clean install of experimental build on Mac?

So I’ve just recently downloaded the experimental tiles build for mac and I did some tinkering with the json files. Unfortunately, the game now crashes at “loading core JSON”. I thought I could simply solve this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling, however it seems that these “new” installs have exactly the same settings as before with the exact same problem as before.

My question is simply: How can I do a 100% fresh install of CDDA with nothing of the old install remaining?

Deleting the whole directory should be enough right? It stores all save data in the same directories right? (I don’t use a mac).

You’d think so, but apparently that’s not the case. It seems that every install I make of the experimental build is exactly like the first.

I have the same issue. I even deleted the ~/Library/Application Support/Cataclysm directory, and it still does the same thing when creating a custom or random character.

Wish I could help. Anybody with a fix. Please don’t keep it to yourself.

Maybe there are other files that get installed elsewhere when a program is installed in a mac? If that is the case then finding and deleting these files might help. (Not a mac user.)

Try my latest unofficial release on OS X: https://github.com/remyroy/Cataclysm-DDA/releases

It should work™ even if that will not be the latest version.