Chemistry Set

CDDA github: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA

You can open a pull request and submit the files you changed. I haven’t used github though, so I’m not too sure how to go about doing that in detail myself, though.

[quote=“KA101, post:5, topic:3054”][quote=“youtoo, post:4, topic:3054”]i like the chemistry set. good mod.

how about if you screw up with the chemistry set, you can injure yourself? so there is a tradeoff? even at high skill still have a chance to get hurt?[/quote]

Crafting tool: yeah, OK, brewing Mutagen in the same pot I use for Clean Water does seem odd.

(Howsabout a Cauldron?)

Crafting Mutagen being able to hurt the player…nthx. Could also have accidents with every other crafting method. Seems like it just gets in the way, IMO.[/quote]

Working with explosive, scalding/boiling hot components, sharp, pointy, or otherwise potentially harmful if misused should indeed have a chance to damage the player. Why not? I mean workplace accidents happen sometimes, even when you take proper precautions. Obviously the chance of injury should scale to the level of activity that you are doing, and be relitive to your skill in said activity.

Also, if this does get added, I would propose a new 2 point negitive trait called clutz. Basically increases the chance of fails, and critical fails by a small portion (small enough so that combat skills arn’t rendered horribly ineffective, and that accidents are still a rare event in the hands of the skilled.).

Random unavoidable (unless you don’t craft. Good luck with that!) damage isn’t much fun IMO.

Would also need checked for Hardcore. Death by crafting-accident isn’t much fun.

[quote=“KA101, post:23, topic:3054”]Random unavoidable (unless you don’t craft. Good luck with that!) damage isn’t much fun IMO.

Would also need checked for Hardcore. Death by crafting-accident isn’t much fun.[/quote]

It would probably be controlled similar to other failures for starters, and it would make some of the products of more difficult to craft recipies valuable.

[quote=“KA101, post:23, topic:3054”]Random unavoidable (unless you don’t craft. Good luck with that!) damage isn’t much fun IMO.

Would also need checked for Hardcore. Death by crafting-accident isn’t much fun.[/quote]

Quote for truth. Getting damaged by the crafting system for failures or shoddy equipment is bad. Wasting time, wasting materials, or (when it gets implemented) getting a lower quality/damaged result are all craft-related failures that make sense to punish the player with. Health and hitpoints aren’t part of that system, and bringing them in to it is bad design in my opinion.

I agree that damage from crafting in general doesn’t sound fun or interesting. I could see potential danger from specific recipes, e.g. making explosives, but “you accidentally hit your thumb with a hammer” type stuff doesn’t seem worth the effort.

[quote=“Draconaes, post:21, topic:3054”]CDDA github: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA

You can open a pull request and submit the files you changed. I haven’t used github though, so I’m not too sure how to go about doing that in detail myself, though.[/quote]
Looks kinda complicated. :stuck_out_tongue:

You could also submit the code to the forums if you have problems setting up Git.

Ok, I’ll post a thread in the Contributions and Mods. I could use feedback on the stuff I’m adding and ppl could post their codes in there too.