Chemistry Set

Saw it as a recipe in the game, and made it, but it seems nonfunctional. Anyone know what it’s for?

I’m fairly certain that it’s just a remnant of the Goon Days merge, as in it currently doesn’t have any functions. It eventually will either be removed or have functions added, but at the moment it just doesn’t have any.

Chemistry set was my addition and I intended to make the chemistry recipes (mutagen, mostly) require it. However, I got busy in the meantime and no one else picked the idea up.

i like the chemistry set. good mod.

how about if you screw up with the chemistry set, you can injure yourself? so there is a tradeoff? even at high skill still have a chance to get hurt?

[quote=“youtoo, post:4, topic:3054”]i like the chemistry set. good mod.

how about if you screw up with the chemistry set, you can injure yourself? so there is a tradeoff? even at high skill still have a chance to get hurt?[/quote]

Crafting tool: yeah, OK, brewing Mutagen in the same pot I use for Clean Water does seem odd.

(Howsabout a Cauldron?)

Crafting Mutagen being able to hurt the player…nthx. Could also have accidents with every other crafting method. Seems like it just gets in the way, IMO.

I definitely agree that crafting itself shouldn’t be a physical danger (Aside from Ninja Bear attacks), but delaying or resetting/interrupting a high level craft might work as a failure mechanic.

Okay, I wasted a backpack then.

I definitely agree that crafting itself shouldn’t be a physical danger (Aside from Ninja Bear attacks), but delaying or resetting/interrupting a high level craft might work as a failure mechanic.[/quote]

Well, there’s the Lose Ingredients failure, along with the Nothing Happens failure. Those seem to have it covered already?

I don’t ever really get a failure when crafting, only when doing stuff like repairing/reinforcing clothing, or disassembling things. Even then only for the first 1-3 skill.

Maybe have higher difficulty crafts have relatively higher chances of failure?
Have a Do Once check so that the first time you craft something you have a higher chance of messing up?

I just get the feeling that crafting homemade explosives and electronics and such shouldn’t be so easy for somebody that has never done that stuff before.

I don’t ever really get a failure when crafting, only when doing stuff like repairing/reinforcing clothing, or disassembling things. Even then only for the first 1-3 skill.

Maybe have higher difficulty crafts have relatively higher chances of failure?
Have a Do Once check so that the first time you craft something you have a higher chance of messing up?

I just get the feeling that crafting homemade explosives and electronics and such shouldn’t be so easy.[/quote]

High-level stuff tends to be tougher. Making mutagen is possible at 8 but isn’t reliable until 9, etc. Ought to be similar for other things, IIRC.

There ought to be purity standards in crafting chems. Like if I just use the one bottle method of cooking meth where you just put all the ingredients in one bottle and shake it every now and then, it ought to have a high risk of meth lab explosion and it ought to be less pure. Conversely, if you use a chemistry set and have a high enough skill, perhaps your product might be chemically pure.

There ought to be two sets of recipes… The cobbled together, crude version of it, and the chemistry set version. Like the difference between krokodil and heroin cooked with acetic anhydride. Anything to give the chemistry set some use, plus I’ve been dying for a quality system for drugs in this game. You’ve got three types of potato chip, so why not have differing qualities of drugs?

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:11, topic:3054”]There ought to be purity standards in crafting chems. Like if I just use the one bottle method of cooking meth where you just put all the ingredients in one bottle and shake it every now and then, it ought to have a high risk of meth lab explosion and it ought to be less pure. Conversely, if you use a chemistry set and have a high enough skill, perhaps your product might be chemically pure.

There ought to be two sets of recipes… The cobbled together, crude version of it, and the chemistry set version. Like the difference between krokodil and heroin cooked with acetic anhydride. Anything to give the chemistry set some use, plus I’ve been dying for a quality system for drugs in this game. You’ve got three types of potato chip, so why not have differing qualities of drugs?[/quote]

This is a very good idea, alas, I’m too busy now to contribute.

While we’re on the topic of non-functioning crafting items, does the still do anything either?

Haven’t found any recipes that require it.

[quote=“An0n3, post:13, topic:3054”]While we’re on the topic of non-functioning crafting items, does the still do anything either?

Haven’t found any recipes that require it.[/quote]
Strawberry surprise, boozeberry, methacola, and tainted tornado all need the still to craft.

Good thing I spotted this thread. I have the recipe but I haven’t made it yet. Guess I could mod some uses for it in my game, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love your profile pic, Chiko.

Thanks.

Photoshop can do wonders with your pics. xD

Go ahead, mod some uses in and then submit them here or to Git.

Go ahead, mod some uses in and then submit them here or to Git.[/quote]
What is Git?

Also, I made it so all the craftable chems but the royal jelly would require the chemistry set instead of a pot or a bottle with a hose, etc. The royal jelly needs either a pot or a pan coz I think you would at least need a proper surface to work on with the ingredients, IMO.

The chemistry set needs different materials to make too and I also added a new drug in my game. So, to submit them I would just need to post the text corresponding lines inside the json files, right?

Git=Github

Search it or somthin’