Changing season length, spawn scaling factor, etc of started worlds dynamically?

Is there a way in the game to change the “World Defaults” options so that they affect an already started game? I started my game with the default season length but now I want to change it to 30. I also want to change the spawn scaling factor for items and cities size. I’ve changed those values from the options menu but the change is not taking place in the savegame which was already started with different options before this, i.e. the seasons are still 14 days long, idk about spawn scaling and city size but if the season length is not taking place in the game there is a possibility that the other values are not working too.

So, is there a way to change the season values and spawn scaling factors of a savegame?

Season length could wreck some calculations. Your current season would almost certainly change, as would moon phase (amount of light at night).
It’s there in the menu (?->2->world settings). It should work after you reload the save.

City size probably won’t work. In a ready save, cities are already generated.
If you want different cities, you could try making a new world and then copying your character + nearest map segment (with your vehicle) to it. That’s a form of “New Game +” some players are doing. It’s not exactly supported by the game, but it works if you do it right.

Zombie and item spawn rates certainly can be changed, it’s just that they won’t affect already generated locations (because there’s nothing to generate there).

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:8695”]Season length could wreck some calculations. Your current season would almost certainly change, as would moon phase (amount of light at night).
It’s there in the menu (?->2->world settings). It should work after you reload the save.

If you want different cities, you could try making a new world and then copying your character + nearest map segment (with your vehicle) to it. That’s a form of “New Game +” some players are doing. It’s not exactly supported by the game, but it works if you do it right.

Zombie and item spawn rates certainly can be changed, it’s just that they won’t affect already generated locations (because there’s nothing to generate there).[/quote]

Actually, in saves, the terrain is generated as you travel. Try this: Load your save them travel north a ways, explore a bit. Then reload the save and do it again. It’ll be different.

[quote=“Closet Pankin, post:3, topic:8695”][quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:8695”]Season length could wreck some calculations. Your current season would almost certainly change, as would moon phase (amount of light at night).

Zombie and item spawn rates certainly can be changed, it’s just that they won’t affect already generated locations (because there’s nothing to generate there).[/quote]

Actually, in saves, the terrain is generated as you travel. Try this: Load your save them travel north a ways, explore a bit. Then reload the save and do it again. It’ll be different.[/quote]

Local details are quantum until the reality bubble hits 'em. If you’ve never seen that tile on your overmap, exactly what’s on offer at the sporting goods store may vary, but the fact that there’s a sporting goods store will not.