Change cooking skill

[quote=“ComputerWarrior, post:14, topic:4265”]Hmm, if we change Marduk’s suggestion (hope you don’t mind, Marduk) a little, maybe we can have all regular food-cooking recipes only bring the cooking level to a certain maximum while most chemistry-related recipes would need a level above that maximum to make.

For example, by cooking food continuously, your cooking skill would be merely increased to 6 before stopping. Every form of drug or chemistry-related things would require at least a cooking skill of 7, so that would prevent someone who is only constantly cooking meat from knowing how to make grade-A meth after some time.

By no means perfect, but just an idea.[/quote]
That’s kind of automatically integrated into my idea by definition. If the hardest to make food has diff 4, and making it stops adding skill 2 levels above, then you can gain skill 6 at best by just cooking food.

[quote=“Marduk, post:21, topic:4265”][quote=“ComputerWarrior, post:14, topic:4265”]Hmm, if we change Marduk’s suggestion (hope you don’t mind, Marduk) a little, maybe we can have all regular food-cooking recipes only bring the cooking level to a certain maximum while most chemistry-related recipes would need a level above that maximum to make.

For example, by cooking food continuously, your cooking skill would be merely increased to 6 before stopping. Every form of drug or chemistry-related things would require at least a cooking skill of 7, so that would prevent someone who is only constantly cooking meat from knowing how to make grade-A meth after some time.

By no means perfect, but just an idea.[/quote]
That’s kind of automatically integrated into my idea by definition. If the hardest to make food has diff 4, and making it stops adding skill 2 levels above, then you can gain skill 6 at best by just cooking food.[/quote]

I like this idea. It gets at the idea that the chemistry parts are separate from normal cooking recipes without making them a separate skill and over-complicating it. And it makes perfect sense that you can’t become a master chef by cooking dog meat over a brush fire hundreds of times.

You forgot that you can just read read books to get all the way to lvl 8.

Anyways, nothing in this thread is different than what was said in the “Nerf cooked meat” thread.
And no it wasn’t only about cooked meat.

I really like this