Challenge idea: Kyle Reese

Take your late-game advanced survivor, with all his skills, knowledge, mutations, bionics, what have you. Drop everything you carry, save game. Go to your world folder, find the .sav file. Generate a new world, with 0.01 item drop rate. Place your .sav file in the new world’s folder.

Essentially your character starts naked in a new world where there’s next to no loot and probably a lot of tough enemies due to time having passed since start of cataclysm. You’re 99% likely to start in a forest unless you increased city size.

For a milder challenge, bring along your equipment (or parts thereof). If you have an RM13 armor and crowbar, you can pretend to be “Gordon Freeman” instead of “Kyle Reese”.

I sort of did that bringing Marloss Man Reborn to a new world. Except instead of getting rid of everything, I put on twelve kinds of duffel bag and brought everything I could carry. I had 37 torso encumbrance. But next time I switch worlds, I might try this.

That sort of reminds me of Terraria-moving your character around worlds and using items to transport items too.
How about bringing along an endgame survivor kit complete with construction materials to build or fortify a shelter and enough weapons to blast the world into pulped, badly burnt pieces of tainted meat. Might be nice to do after achieving godhood in one world.

Yeah.

So, I tried the “wasteland world” with 0,01 item spawn and it turned out kinda boring. You can still live off the land with no problems but all the cool stuff is gone.

[quote=“Murphy, post:4, topic:7575”]Yeah.

So, I tried the “wasteland world” with 0,01 item spawn and it turned out kinda boring. You can still live off the land with no problems but all the cool stuff is gone.[/quote]

The trick is to ratchet the dynamic spawn to max, then walk through a city banging on cars, firing into the air with shotguns, setting off air horns…