Cataclysm Quick Tips

yeah I never knew about the inboard mirrors til I watched these awesome videos to :slight_smile:

Hello Survivors!

Here is a new Cataclysm Quick Tip episode!

Cataclysm Quick Tip #38 - Zone Manager (Hoarders and Farmers MUST watch!)

Stay safe out there!

3 Likes

Hello fellow Survivors!

Here is a new Cataclysm Quick tip that details the new butchering mechanics. I hope you find the information helpful.

Stay safe out there!

2 Likes

You know the new butchering system is complex when ā€œQuick tipsā€ video about it is almost 20 minutes long. :smiley:

1 Like

Help save those precious key-presses before they go extinct!

Cataclysm Quick Tip #40 - Drop Category Mode

Stay Safe Out There!

2 Likes

Here is a new Cataclysm Quick Tip episode!

Cataclysm Quick Tip #41 - Move View Hotkeys

Stay Safe Out There!

1 Like

Thanks man, these videos are great and really helped get me running in the game.

1 Like

Vormithrax, thank you for making these videos. Theyā€™ve helped a lot of people!

Wow, those topics are amazing! Thanks so much for creating such a series, @Vormithrax

1 Like

Hereā€™s an idea for your videos! The Peek command could use some love. It lets you see around corners without risk. I swapped my Peek and Look key bindings, because when Iā€™m trying to be stealthy I often peek into every square Iā€™m stepping into first

Uhhhhā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve only looked at your quick tip videos. Cool! Glad you covered it :+1:t2:

2 Likes

As requested elsewhere, Iā€™d like to see a sequel to Where To Get Early Game Materials, for mid game resources:

Electronic scrap, Kevlar, neopreneā€¦ Anyone have other suggestions?

Iā€™m pretty sure neoprene can (unless it can be found) only be made as I donā€™t believe it is a scavenge-able resource.

Neoprene? You can get by butchering Hard Leg Guards and Hard Arm Guards. Other than that you might try to cut down Wetsuits and similar swimming gear. Besides that, I have nothing else.

Electronic Scrapā€¦ You might try disassembling some electronic components. Micro motors, processor boards, unpowered lightstrips ( etc. )

Kevlar is pretty simple. Firefighter equipment ( Turnout Jackets, Pants, Shoes ) are probably the best source of kevlar. Kill Firefighter zombies on sight and wash the clothes, you might get something nice as a bonus like a gas mask. Police Zombies are also an option, but they drop kevlar vests rather ralely. Also combat boots, they can be sometimes dropped by other zombies, but the best bet is to hunt down Military Zombies.

For kevlar donā€™t forget Z-9ā€™s. they drop the kevlar dog harness which yields 17 kevlar plates.

To be clear, I was suggesting a topic for a video, not requesting information. Iā€™m more interested in hearing what people think are mid-game construction materials and then seeing another of Vormā€™s videos.

Hello Fellow Survivors!

A new Cataclysm Quick Tip is now available detailing how to create a Zombie Nightlight and Backpack Buddy!

I hope you find the information helpful.

Stay Safe Out There!

Vormithrax

2 Likes

What is the tileset you are using in that video?

1 Like