Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.7 Lindqvist released

That’s a bug. You can fix it in the item file by removing coverage from it or look for the fixed file.[/quote]

If you’re on 0.7.1 this should be fixed (0.7.1 is save compatable with 0.7).

[quote=“Dayum!, post:59, topic:2247”]Hmm… correct me if I am wrong. I need to download “windows curses” from “experimental build” and I will play with similiar performance like in 0,6 version. Is that correct?
Another question is: why does my antivirus find viruses in files from “experimental build”.

Thank you all.[/quote]

For now, I think the SDL builds will seem much faster for most people.

!?! How do you miss with chain lightning !?!

Where can I find the download for v7.1?

It is on the main page, just download one of the stable builds (or experimental if you dont mind finding a few bugs).

It is on the main page, just download one of the stable builds (or experimental if you dont mind finding a few bugs).[/quote]
Experimental versions are actually usually more stable then the normal ones, they just tend to get more balance problems/new bugs for short periods of time occasionally.

Some of the last build (52, 87) have trouble with acid, smoke. In 52 acid and smoke ( at ground from spitter and smoker) tend to stick and do not disapear. In 87 acid go away but smoke from smoker tend to never disapear too.
[Seen in situation where i was looting town in 52 and being attacked by with spitter and smoker in same tittle. Seen in 87 a smoker in town that i didn’t attacked nor being detected; then iv go back to shelter (with was far away, maybe 10 square map) and when iv return there was a lot a smoke everywhere in town (the light smoke, white 8]

For the speed, in 87,
It really depend of the current action. open door, smash and thing like this tend to take an average +2ms than the usually 10ms required for a move.
Either CURSES or SDL version do the same average 10ms/move. [SDL tend to be able to go to 8 or 9ms sometime but the same 12m/open door]
CURSES allow caracter when they run straight in one direction to go faster than SDL build. It’s about twice faster.[If it’s not more]
CURSES version go twice faster when you need to load/save/move into menu. [Almost sure its more than 3 time faster, but anyway]
CURSES allow acces to cumputer more than twice speed. Again.
Same for attack calculation.
Same for area with lot of enemis (tryed with debug menu, 100 Z in sight).
Same for retribution calculation (Dodge, counter, tested with the massive Z with krav maga : take way way less time in curse to end a turn).
Same for explosion.
Same when starting the game the first time. (creating SAVE folder)

Conclusion ? CURSES run way faster (like 0.6) than SDL, for 87 night build. 7/7.1 “stable” version aren’t faster. So i’ll stick for curses version for now.

For me, 0.7.1 SDL is much, much faster than 0.7.1 CURSES. And 0.6 SDL is significantly faster than 0.7.1 SDL (All on Windows). I’ve been sticking to 0.6 just because the slower running in the new version is so annoying.

how did you come up with ‘lindqvist’

[quote=“Teseng, post:62, topic:2247”][quote=“Dayum!, post:59, topic:2247”]Hmm… correct me if I am wrong. I need to download “windows curses” from “experimental build” and I will play with similiar performance like in 0,6 version. Is that correct?
Another question is: why does my antivirus find viruses in files from “experimental build”.

Thank you all.[/quote]

For now, I think the SDL builds will seem much faster for most people.[/quote][quote=“subsequence, post:68, topic:2247”]For me, 0.7.1 SDL is much, much faster than 0.7.1 CURSES. And 0.6 SDL is significantly faster than 0.7.1 SDL (All on Windows). I’ve been sticking to 0.6 just because the slower running in the new version is so annoying.[/quote]

Really? That’s strange. For me 0.71 CURSES runs much faster than SDL, and it runs just as fast as 0.6 SDL. I think I’ll stick with 0.6 SDL right now, though, because ranged attacks have been nerfed and items seem to get mixed up a lot more often now. I can’t use canteens and some of the books. :confused:

Oh, it could be relevant that I’m using Windows 8, maybe not.

You may get problem with item only when you are using it with the “separed” inventory.

Like, you boil water and want to put it into bottle. If you have2 empty bottle, and put water into one, game will assign a letter too one of the 2 bottles and this letter may been assigned to an objet; thus, will only try to use one of both 2 item assigned to one leter. Understood ? 2 item, one letter. Main problem. Just quit/load, or open/close inventory fix it.
If it’s something else than this (really, you should try it, 0.7.1 is better than 0.6), explain more, maybe it’s just something you have missed.

And archery, if you pick 12 per, 12dex is the same as before. Under it’s a nerf, and more stats mean no bonus. Even so it’s really easy atm to lvl up the skill archery (make arrow from a fallen tree) so it’s not a problem at all.

Hmm, alright, I’ll definitely try that out.

Actually the point that the new system was “zeroed” on was 8 PER/DEX and 4 skill. If you are at that point then archery should function identically. Below that point it actually was a small buff to the character, and above that point the character will do worse then they did before (though until you hit 12 stats you won’t do too much worse).

Has archery been changed at all besides that? I think what really needs to be increased is the firing time. You can shoot arrows almost as fast as you can repeatedly pull the trigger on a handgun right now, but you never actually have to reload. That’s the real problem.

Mac link is dead. I compiled the game and found that item descriptions were written in one line.

Does it have to be like this?

Would you mind posting your font and settings, FMJ? I’m having trouble finding something that doesn’t bug my eyes recently.

Do you mean FONTDATA setting?

PolenticalNeonBold
blended

Don’t think font or settings makes it like this.
I compiled both way SDL and curses, tried another font and still have the same one line description:

ncurses 0.7

And all is OK in 0.6 with the same font and settings.

Is anybody else noticing a large increase in the number of dead soldiers/scientists/gang members with the new update?

I’ve counted five so far within a 20 map tile square.
Usually theres maybe 1 or 2. Maybe I’m just lucky :slight_smile:

[quote=“SKiPPY, post:79, topic:2247”]Is anybody else noticing a large increase in the number of dead soldiers/scientists/gang members with the new update?

I’ve counted five so far within a 20 map tile square.
Usually theres maybe 1 or 2. Maybe I’m just lucky :)[/quote]

I think it’s just RNG playing tricks on you. I started with a pile of dead soldiers outside of my shelter, and haven’t seen any others or scientists since.