Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.7 Lindqvist released

Anyone planning to post 7.1 executable? MinGW is giving me some weirds libintl errors…

Wow, performance in windows is a lot worse than in the previous version :frowning:

I will stick to 0.6 for now, studying any skill book takes too much time.

Amazing work btw, I’ve been playing since whales was working in the project :smiley:

Thx for update!!!
Never stop to do this. I love this game very much [shadow=red,left]<3[/shadow]

I was playing for a few minutes and it closed while I was moving to the right, how come it did this?!

o_0

awesome! Thanks for great update!

These are OP.

Can someone tell me how to find “mtypedef.cpp” in that new structure?
And how to remove the ability of the dead to rise? Because it is in conflict with my conception of Cataclysm.
Thanks.

Imagine my surprise as I get mauled to death by a moose, couldn’t bother to add that to the changelog? D:

So far it’s quite nice, but now you brought in something annoying called “Do you wish to pickup items from this box?” all the time you move over a box in a car. Not sure if it’s related to auto pickup.

Keep up the good work!

You didn’t quoted me, but SDL version is far away from the speed of 0.6.
If you want number i can with my keyboard do an action every 4ms in 0.6, but can’t under 24ms for SDL version. 6 time worst. The curse version give me 25ms, almost same.
(I’m taling about like moving left/right in a loop with the automated keyboard, and if u put a number of MS waiting time between each move under thoose, my dude skip some move quickly)

It’s the same when you fight/move in one direction.

Altough I’m being subjective, it’s the same game I used to play back with 0.4; it’s slow to move and I can’t find anything to sew with. :smiley:
Nevertheless I like the new item spawning frequencies.

The only complain about speed i could get it’s it don’t “save” the next action. Instead, it forget it if it can’t do it.
Like : (small stupid example)
Right - right - left
done quickly could get :
right - left
(one step miss because it was too fast)

With saving, could get :
right - right
(one step miss after because they was already an action that need to be done)

So even if it’s slow there is no mistake. but anyway i know i’m way to fast for a game like this. (yes, it happen really often for me, to “loose” action)

It is related to auto-pickup, and the 0.7.1 point release has a fix for it. (0.7.1 IS save-compatable with 07.)

To shine a little light on the performance complaints, it seeemed to me that the ‘default’ windows release was the old catacurse version, rather than the SDL version. I’ve looked over it and it’s been hacked to bits to allow the new wide strings. The new version (non-SDL) blows the current catacurse and SDL both far out of the water.

I’ve made a separate post to detail some of the changes/improvements in the new catacurse version. Thread here: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2470.0

First: congrats on raising the funds for the dedicated developer.

Today I wanted to try out v0.7.1 and so far i like it (especially not being torn apart by Jabberwocks all the time, that’s a big win) but for some reason my in game clock disappeared (actually it changed into this string of symbols: [., ]).
Anyone else having this issue (playing the linux version btw)?

Sorry if this isn’t the appropriate place (it seemed to me it was).

and of course: Thank you very much for this awesome game!!!

[quote=“RonniDeWorm, post:55, topic:2247”]First: congrats on raising the funds for the dedicated developer.

Today I wanted to try out v0.7.1 and so far i like it (especially not being torn apart by Jabberwocks all the time, that’s a big win) but for some reason my in game clock disappeared (actually it changed into this string of symbols: [., ]).
Anyone else having this issue (playing the linux version btw)?

Sorry if this isn’t the appropriate place (it seemed to me it was).

and of course: Thank you very much for this awesome game!!![/quote]
It’s a feature. Basically to figure out the exact time in game you must be wearing a watch. Otherwise you just look at the sun and estimate the time.

Credits for the .gif go to OzoneH3

[quote=“Otaku, post:56, topic:2247”]It’s a feature. Basically to figure out the exact time in game you must be wearing a watch. Otherwise you just look at the sun and estimate the time.

Credits for the .gif go to OzoneH3[/quote]

Sorry about that, thanks Otaku

In that case: nice feature

I personally think the watch encumbers too much.

[quote=“Teseng, post:54, topic:2247”]To shine a little light on the performance complaints, it seeemed to me that the ‘default’ windows release was the old catacurse version, rather than the SDL version. I’ve looked over it and it’s been hacked to bits to allow the new wide strings. The new version (non-SDL) blows the current catacurse and SDL both far out of the water.

I’ve made a separate post to detail some of the changes/improvements in the new catacurse version. Thread here: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2470.0[/quote]

Hmm… correct me if I am wrong. I need to download “windows curses” from “experimental build” and I will play with similiar performance like in 0,6 version. Is that correct?
Another question is: why does my antivirus find viruses in files from “experimental build”.

Thank you all.

That’s a bug. You can fix it in the item file by removing coverage from it or look for the fixed file.