Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.7 Lindqvist released

ooh! new guns and bionics, perfect!

Awsome!

Nerfed ranged bonus? Now it’s only ranged penalty with maximum at -0. Default stats of Dexterity and Perception gives you -4 + -4 = -8 ranged penalty.
(Linux non-SDL version)

For any getting the vehicle examine crash, increase your view screen to at least [s]14x14/s13x13. Below that will cause a crash. This is a temporary fix until 0.7.1 comes out.

I’ve been waiting… And it’s finally come. PREPARE YOURSELF 0.7, YOUR NEW GOD IS APPROACHING. So, is the problem with item descriptions being cut off fixed?

@Inquisitor Dust: Do you have a picture of the issue? I’ll look into it if you can describe the circumstances or provide a picture as example.

Oh, I thought someone had already posted it. Gimme a minute to get a screenshot, if I remember right it was just in the debug menu though.

Edit: Ok, it’s just the debug menu, but here’s a screenie.

I was wondering this as well, I have a really good character that I managed to get pretty lucky in 0.6 with and haven’t been able to come close to getting anything good going in the new 0.7 version.

When I attempt to put the save folder from 0.6 in the new 0.7 folder and open the game it crashes as soon as it attempts to load up.

Oh, I thought someone had already posted it. Gimme a minute to get a screenshot, if I remember right it was just in the debug menu though.

[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks for the bug-image. It’s probably not getting sent through the word-wrapping function. I’ll take a look at it as soon as I pin down a proper fix for the vehicle examination crash.

Only you get this excited about pictures of bugs. :slight_smile:
You can choose which definition of bugs you want. :slight_smile:

Since we got the option for the big window, can’t we also add an option to make the message log longer instead of squeezing in the upper right corner?

Okay! There is a PR waiting to get merged in to fix what shall henceforth be called the “Vehicle Examination Bug.” Turns out it was trying to place characters at -1,-1 on the screen which does not exist :smiley: Fixed that and then had to rejigger some of the drawing coordinates to get things to line up again. But now it all fits perfectly! Probably be merged withing 12 hours. Hopefully it is merged sooner and then I can put up a post telling everyone to go download it :stuck_out_tongue:

@Otaku: well, bugs are a challenge and I love challenges :slight_smile:

@HRose: I have an idea for that actually, needs to be discussed and approved before I work on it though :stuck_out_tongue:

~le snip~[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks for the bug-image. It’s probably not getting sent through the word-wrapping function. I’ll take a look at it as soon as I pin down a proper fix for the vehicle examination crash.[/quote]
Word wrap DOES work, that was a bad choice of screenshot. It just cuts off the end of each line. I think it has something to do with the area for the description being too short for the descriptions due to the item list.

Awesome update, good work guys! Also, congrats on the kickstarter.

Hi,

I would like to thank you for another update… Thanks!

I have question, is there any way to make 0.7 fast like 0.6?
I mean for example - movement.
Also, I think the descripton of highlited item is lil’ messy.

Please don’t get me wrong. I know I am new Jack here, but I just want to help.

Kind Regards.

Already posted some highlights on first time impressions, will do the same for 0.7.1 after this night.
Just don’t get signed by a major software label in the meantime guys. :smiley:

I’ll take a look at performance in general, but performance tweaking on windows is difficult because all the core developers are on linux. I did some quick profiling and one easy to fix thing jumped out at me, but unless it’s super crazy slow we’re not doing another release for another month or so.

On that note, Teseng is back, and has been doing an overhaul of catacurses, he says he’s gotten it faster than the SDL build, so that’s something to look forward to.

Oh man, this is going to great.

Have you tried running the SDL version? In general the SDL version will run much faster on Windows then the Curses version will, so far I’ve yet to have talked to somebody who tried it and didn’t have some sort of speed increase.

There are people that start working on saturday morning, and being at work is their only chance to play some games. So, stop being so narrow sighted and think of others first. Thank you! :slight_smile: