Car-tool cable connection

While current implementations of welding rig, FOODCO, chemset etc. are already very useful, they have one major limitation:
Tool selection is limited to tools that have a corresponding vehicle part.

Many tools would be both more “realistic” and more useful if they didn’t need an entire rig to go with them. For example, FOODCO requires vacuum sealer, which I bet most players only use to build FOODCO. As vacuum sealer is uncraftable, its unavailability can limit access to FOODCO’s more useful functions, like dehydration and water purification.

Cordless drill (and possibly some others) explicitly states it can run off an external energy source. Others could probably realistically be modded to do that instead of using batteries. The power could come from a specifically equipped storage slot (a special vehicle part attached to storage parts), from an active jumper cable in the inventory or from a specifically modified cable attached to an electrical outlet slot built into the vehicle.

It would probably be relatively simple to implement, but I’m not sure how useful it would be. No need for extra bloat just for the sake of realism and now you can just park a car and open the door to do stuff like welding a cdrthe other car or even waste those few batteries.

What do you think? Would it actually see actual serious use or be one of those nifty features that just sit there and look cool?

sounds good mate

I think I’m dropping it.
The entire crafting system is just too complicated and too deeply entrenched in the idea of tools having charges and working regardless of their position (except for vehicle rigs that are inherently parts of a vehicle). The only way to do this without redesigning a great deal of the crafting system would be to make sure “fake charges” are properly set at all times and that would probably be slow and ugly.

I got it to work with items that can’t be use to craft, but it was more about crafting than anything else.

i am usualy using the foodco for reloading bullets xD

Its okay though we can build reloadable mods atach them to our desired tools and reload those in our car… Its good enough for me.

Maybe let it reload faster?