Cap & ball army & navy revolvers

ammo: paper cart(r?)idges, loaded one round at a time(can have multiple pre-loaded cylinders for faster reloads irl, not sure if that could be implemented ingame though)

army: more damage, more range, more recoil, less accuracy, 5 round cylinder, longer reload.
.44 caliber irl.
navy: less damage, less range, less recoil, more accuracy, 6 round cylinder, shorter reload.
.36 caliber irl.

revolvers that take paper cartridges would be really nice to have since i think most people don’t get around to reloading ammo until far late game. personally the only firearm ammo i’ve ever made was paper cartr!!!idges.

-1 just because.

+∞

Just because

My impression of the current consensus is that there are tons of guns available in the game, and the focus right now should be on expanding other systems.

That said, I’d definitely like to see more lower-grade but more maintainable/sustainable weapons make an appearance.

i actually wouldn’t mind see a few guns go, especially the sci-fi ones. maybe we could do a trade; remove four other guns and add these two cap & ball guns.

I could add them to the Old guns pack, if you would like that.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:3, topic:4970”]+∞

Just because[/quote]

GG. Also, YES I WANT THESE +∞

''Take stuff I don’t like out of the game and add in my stuff" is hardly an equitable trade. That said, I suppose there’s nothing inherently wrong with adding them into the old guns mod. The base game is too bloated content-wise, especially with regard to guns, as it is.

[quote=“Icecoon, post:6, topic:4970”]I could add them to the Old guns pack, if you would like that.[/quote]i’d appreciate that, thank you. where do i download the mod at?

If everything goes fine, it will be merged with the main game as a mod and released in the experimental build.
I have to test it though. I would say 2-3 days. I’m not still sure which guns from the core game should be included in it.

Not to be a Shitler, but most of he medevil/muzzleloader/RivTech/other stuff doesn’t really add to gameplay for me. I’d like to be able to disable these things.

Removing content because of personal preference is fine, so long as it’s not forced on others.

This is a good way of looking at it. ‘If I don’t like it I’ll remove it from my game,’ is cool, you should be allowed to play the game you want to, ‘If I don’t like it I’ll petition to have it removed from everyone’s game,’ is not. Some players like those things, and some do not. If you don’t like it, remove it from your own game or else simply don’t use it.

As I recall, the flintloocks use similar ammunition, so this could be fudged in fairly easily and give room for advancement for the black-powder crowd.

No real opinion on how, since I virtually never fire a gun in actual (as opposed to debug) play.

[quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:4970”]As I recall, the flintloocks use similar ammunition, so this could be fudged in fairly easily and give room for advancement for the black-powder crowd.

No real opinion on how, since I virtually never fire a gun in actual (as opposed to debug) play.[/quote]

That’s a good point. I’m not sure if pre-loaded cylinders could work properly. Yes you could take an empty revolver cylinder an load it with paper cartridges, but how to get that empty cylinder back is tricky. Assigning it as a casing would throw an empty cylinder out at each shot, obviously.
I’m inclined to go with reloading paper cartridges one at a time.

[quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:4970”]As I recall, the flintloocks use similar ammunition, so this could be fudged in fairly easily and give room for advancement for the black-powder crowd.

No real opinion on how, since I virtually never fire a gun in actual (as opposed to debug) play.[/quote]

Indeed. Sounds like this would fit in much better with the black powder weapons. paper cartridges… christ. Then again, it’s all personal preference.

I checked out the flintlock paper cartridge and it would not make sense to set it as the ammo for these revolvers. It deals the same damage as the 5.56 NATO, which would be very unrealistic for those revolvers. And realism-wise those flintlocks fired much bigger diameter bullets, .50, .60. For instance the Brown Bess fired a .71.

[quote=“Icecoon, post:16, topic:4970”]I checked out the flintlock paper cartridge and it would not make sense to set it as the ammo for these revolvers. It deals the same damage as the 5.56 NATO, which would be very unrealistic for those revolvers. And realism-wise those flintlocks fired much bigger diameter bullets, .50, .60. For instance the Brown Bess fired a .71.[/quote]“paper cartridge” is a generic term, like “sedan” describes any medium size car with 4 doors. you can make paper cartridges to reload almost all non-metallic cartridge firearms. cap & ball revolvers have effectively 3 ways to reload:

1. by hand, with a powder flask and bullet pouch. this is the slowest, and virtually impossible to do during the middle of a battle.
  2. pre-loaded cylinders. this is the fastest and preferred method. but if you don’t have/can’t afford extra cylinders:
  3. pre-made paper cartridges. not nearly as quick and easy as with extra cylinders, but lightyears quicker than by hand.

just wondering if C&B revolvers have been implemented in a mod or something, and where can i DL it?

ahem…

Well here’s my first attempt

{ "id": "pistol_cap_and_ball", "type": "GUN", "symbol": "(", "color": "brown", "name": "Cap and Ball revolver", "description": "A crude 6 shot single action revolver useing black powder.If using this doesn't makes you feel a cowboy, nothing will.", "price": 350, "material": ["iron", "wood"], "flags": ["RELOAD_ONE"], "skill": "pistol", "ammo": "ammo_flintlock", "weight": 753, "volume": 4, "bashing": 5, "cutting": 0, "to_hit": -1, "ranged_damage": 0, "range": 0, "dispersion": 10, "recoil": 8, "durability": 6, "burst": 0, "clip_size": 6, "reload": 1000, "valid_mod_locations": [[ "accessories", 2 ],[ "grip", 1 ],[ "mechanism", 4 ],[ "sights", 1 ],[ "stock", 1 ],[ "underbarrel", 1 ],[ "barrel", 1 ]] }