Can't toggle vehicle lights

Updated today (to #5347, or 0.C-17405-ge111a0b (tiles)), suddently noticed I can’t turn the vehicle lights on anymore.
See there are a lot of recent changes in vehicle component toggling code.
Is this a known bug, like is there more stuff coming in, or should it be reported?

Someone reported it on github on the commits, but I don’t see an issue about it.

Can it be reproduced with any vehicle? For example, do debug-spawned vehicles also have the bug?

Save could be useful.

Are you sure you’re not missing the newish “Control Vehicle Lights” menu item under vehicle control? I can only hope someone is working on reworking this change to suck less (sorry, I’m into saying how I really feel and the new light menu system utterly blows IMO).

With that system (unless it’s in flux, my build is from yesterday now), you can still use ‘h’ for turning on headlights.

But you can’t use ‘h’ to turn them off, you use D to turn ALL lights off (mildly sucks, toggles are 100% better, IMO, I guess “all off” is more convenient than entering the lighting menu hell).

You can no longer simply toggle aisle lights or floods - you have to use the new vehicle control menu item ‘v’ to control lights, select them all individually (bonus fun if you use multiple floods, and ALL lights show up here so if you put on 4 headlights, aisle, floods, controls, and unless you place them all in the same order they’re a jumbled mess). So you use ‘enter’ to turn on/off a light from this menu and esc/space to get out of the menu. I really hate this as I have zero need of individual flood control, individual headlight control, or multi-step braille reading to just turn on an aisle light.

My vehicle is more energy efficient now, so I guess that’s a plus. Rather than 5 floods I dropped down to 2 and blind spots since that beats using the lighting menu to turn them all on.

I’m hoping they restore the ‘old’ way and just add the individual control as an extra menu item for those that want it. Still not sure who wants this behavior but we all play our own way. I’ve never once been playing and though, gee, I wish I could just turn on 1 of my 4 headlights, etc.

As a side note, I don’t have a problem using the shift key, but it’s a bit odd how some items on the vehicle menu are lowercase, and some are upper case, when those keys only apply when working with that menu - so why not just make them all lowercase and make life easier and consistent? Overall, I find the binds intuitive and good for the game (I rebind very few things) but things like this make me say…wot? (and you can’t rebind things like this that I’m aware of,at least not via in-game options)

Cheers,
V

[quote=“Voqar, post:3, topic:12335”]Are you sure you’re not missing the newish “Control Vehicle Lights” menu item under vehicle control?
But you can’t use ‘h’ to turn them off, you use D to turn ALL lights off (mildly sucks, toggles are 100% better, IMO, I guess “all off” is more convenient than entering the lighting menu hell).

You can no longer simply toggle aisle lights or floods - you have to use the new vehicle control menu item ‘v’ to control lights, select them all individually (bonus fun if you use multiple floods, and ALL lights show up here so if you put on 4 headlights, aisle, floods, controls, and unless you place them all in the same order they’re a jumbled mess). So you use ‘enter’ to turn on/off a light from this menu and esc/space to get out of the menu. I really hate this as I have zero need of individual flood control, individual headlight control, or multi-step braille reading to just turn on an aisle light.[/quote]

With all respect I have no idea what you’re talking about :slight_smile:
I just started playing this game about a week ago and I’ve only ever controlled vehicle lights through the vehicle control menu.
But, is this “dome lights” new? Wasn’t it control panel lights a couple of days ago? Not that it matters, just noticed.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:12335”]Someone reported it on github on the commits, but I don’t see an issue about it.

Can it be reproduced with any vehicle? For example, do debug-spawned vehicles also have the bug?

Save could be useful.[/quote]

Just made a new world without mods, spawned a “Car”, unable to toggle lights from vehicle control menu (don’t know any other way to do it, if there is).

Edit:
Opened an issue on github.

[quote=“Survivorman, post:4, topic:12335”]With all respect I have no idea what you’re talking about :slight_smile:
I just started playing this game about a week ago[/quote]

Without rambling forever…since when I started playing they had toggles on the vehicle control menu for different types of lights, so you could use “h” to toggle all headlights on/off, or “o” to toggle all overhead (flood lights) on/off.

Recently they switched that to “v” for controlling lights individually, so if you had 6 floods installed you’d have to turn each one on, then could use “D” to turn all lights off.

Even more recently, like past few days, they’ve gone back to the “old” toggle system but it’s buggy and not working at all (yet…bless whomever is working on this and hopefully getting it fixed soon).

It got fixed last night.