Cant see the temperature

Im not sure if there was an update that made it so specific tools are required to determine temperature, but the number doesn’t show up on the sidebar for me anymore. I’ve tried new characters and updating versions with no change, what am I missing?

I hope you like the change :smiley: the actual number itself was never needed; who cares if it’s 70F out, if you’ve lost a lot of blood and are soaking wet in the rain, you’re gonna be cold.

There are items though that can read the “absolute” temperatures if you want to know them, but the relative numbers are what’s important.

[quote=“Shoes, post:3, topic:7935”]I hope you like the change :D[/quote] I do not

the actual number itself was never needed
Says you.
who cares if it's 70F out, if you've lost a lot of blood and are soaking wet in the rain, you're gonna be cold.
I'd still like to know the damn temperature sir/madam
There are items though that can read the "absolute" temperatures if you want to know them, but the relative numbers are what's important.
Important to whom? Do you live in the US? it's 5 minutes of news and 25 minutes of weather and commercials. Can I get em without cheating? I've got a divers watch,pda, laptop. Apologies if this has been fixed but can I please see the temperature, hell I can walk outside irl and ballpark it within 5 degrees.

You ll nee a thermometer to measure the tempreture like you need a watch to see time-
Finde one.

First of all Props to you Valpo on the insta reply.
And yeah that’s all I want as long as I can get it in game without cheating awesome.
( Not at first though that weather system had issues, you dialed it in nicely though )

I have been waiting for this.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=3662.msg52903#msg52903

Thanks Devs!

[quote=“Mistakensir, post:4, topic:7935”][quote=“Shoes, post:3, topic:7935”]I hope you like the change :D[/quote] I do not

Says you.
who cares if it's 70F out, if you've lost a lot of blood and are soaking wet in the rain, you're gonna be cold.
There are items though that can read the "absolute" temperatures if you want to know them, but the relative numbers are what's important.
Important to whom? Do you live in the US? it's 5 minutes of news and 25 minutes of weather and commercials. Can I get em without cheating? I've got a divers watch,pda, laptop. Apologies if this has been fixed but can I please see the temperature, hell I can walk outside irl and ballpark it within 5 degrees.[/quote]

Are you being sarcastic to the man who made the damn temperature system? Gtfo.

Ummm, important to the physical way your body feels? It could be 80 degrees outside but if it’s a 50 mph wind your body isn’t going to feel as warm as if it was 70 degrees without wind. When you are estimating the temperature in real life you are taking the relative data (which is what we are showing) and turning it into a rough estimate of the actual temperature. Why would we want to show you a rough guess that could be wildly inaccurate when we can just show you the literal way your character feels?

That said if you absolutely must have temperature go debug yourself a thermometer item and always carry it around with you, though what you hope to gain by doing so I don’t know, because we are already telling you what your character is feeling.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:8, topic:7935”][quote=“Mistakensir, post:4, topic:7935”][quote=“Shoes, post:3, topic:7935”]I hope you like the change :D[/quote] I do not

Says you.
Important to whom? Do you live in the US? it's 5 minutes of news and 25 minutes of weather and commercials. Can I get em without cheating? I've got a divers watch,pda, laptop. Apologies if this has been fixed but can I please see the temperature, hell I can walk outside irl and ballpark it within 5 degrees.[/quote]

Are you being sarcastic to the man who made the damn temperature system? Gtfo.[/quote]

Shoes has made it pretty clear that the point of all his work with temperature system is to make survivors’ lives more difficult. Folks want to make xyr life more difficult in return, that’s an unfortunate but understandable reaction.

So yeah, a little nicer next time please, Mistakensir.

Yeah I read it, Shoes I apologize I didn’t mean to sound that harsh I like the new weather system.
I just get into the game and this is supposed to be in the future, I thought there was no way to tell the temperature so that kinda ruined it for me.