Can someone add funeral pyres?

It’s always sad to come across the slain body of one of my former characters. A few versions ago, I tried dumping a bunch of 2X4s, skewers, and alcohol on the body in an attempt to cremate it, but I was left with just a slightly smoldering body. It would have been nice to be able to build a funeral pyre :slight_smile:

That said, I haven’t tried this again in recent versions, where it’s been easier to build raging fires. Would a raging fire properly cremate a body?

Yes it could, and to get that raging fire starting, just continue to apply your lighter to the fire.

If you surround the body with burnables, not just the tile that it’s in, it should burn better.

The first suggestion is an unintended outcome*, ans will stop working at some point, the second suggestion is legit :wink:

*I think “exploit” is a bit too hard a term to use for it.

*Player JOHN_C has been degraded to exploiter

NOOOOOO00000000000!!!

SHUN HE

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:5, topic:3314”]*Player JOHN_C has been degraded to exploiter

NOOOOOO00000000000!!![/quote]

Made my day.

You know what might be a good idea to build off of this? After NPCs are implemented, I assume that it will be possible to make friends with them. If a good friend of yours dies, you take a big hit to morale that decays very slowly over time.

However, giving them a nice Viking funeral will speed up the decay, and more quickly get you back into the groove.

If butchering ever becomes a physically stressing, time consuming and in case of zombies maybe even mood affecting action, it might be nice to have the option to pile them up with gasoline/wood for a nice fire.