Can I monitize DDA videos?

Can somebody link me to an official statement regarding this?

Sooo… you’re asking if you can make a profit off of something that’s free, and to which you haven’t even contributed anything? Sure, go ahead, just hope your don’t mind sleeping on the bottom bunk, or you’re likely to piss off your cellmate.

Plenty of companies allow people to profit from LPs of their games.

do mean youtube LP’s ? I think that’s fine as I’ve seen a fair amount of them with Cata gameplay and not complaining about copyright. I do know tough that you cannot produce Movies and other things and sell them off a free lisence as Cata tough.

[quote=“Kyriolexical Dino, post:4, topic:5329”]do mean youtube LP’s ? I think that’s fine as I’ve seen a fair amount of them with Cata gameplay and not complaining about copyright. I do know tough that you cannot produce Movies and other things and sell them off a free lisence as Cata tough.[/quote]Yes do you know where I can find an official statement about it?

Last I knew, Cataclysm & the Dark Days Ahead project are under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license. Here’s the current non-technical phrasing.

Basically:

1. You have to leave everyone’s names on it. The game ain’t your work; playing it and recording the proceeds is.

2. You can’t restrict someone’s right to take that video and use it, in much the same way as you used DDA. If I leave your name on as player, etc in the video & respect the DDA attribution, I can otherwise do as I like with that video, so long as others can take my use and do the same, and so on.

what KA101 said, the offkcial statement is the license. If your video is a derivative work, it has to also licensed CC-BY-SA, I’m a little fuzzy on the derivative work rules, but either way you’re free to monetize.
Hunter, stop being such a jerk. That would be uncalled for even if you were right, but as it is you’re wrong and a jerk.

Sorry, I misunderstood his question. And I appear to be suffering from Inadequate’s negative influence.