Burnt Items

when set fire to a pile of items , most of them burn but after the fire goes away there might be a few surviving items and most of the time they have a “burnt” prefix
does this affect anything (value,utility?)
also , side question : any good ways to destroy trash since acid isnt destructive anymore

[quote=“Gnorse, post:1, topic:12125”]when set fire to a pile of items , most of them burn but after the fire goes away there might be a few surviving items and most of the time they have a “burnt” prefix
does this affect anything (value,utility?)[/quote]
AFAIK no. Used a burnt MP5 for a long time in one game. Its stats were identical (across the board) to a normal MP5 that I found later.

Ways to destroy or lose items:

• delivering them into magma (throwing, dropping… get inventive)
  • fire (possibly try bigger fires, they burn hotter)
  • nuke, mininuke, or any proper explosive (not 100% sure)
  • have Internal Furnace CBM, then eat your junk items
  • there are recyclers next to some hardware stores - use them to break down items into materials
  • try delivering items into rivers, deep water specifically (out of sight, out of mind, not sure if it works)
  • find a sinkhole at a swamp and drop items into one (not sure if it works)

I used to use a burnt rifle as a source of infinite tinder.

Light it up and batch craft, it goes out quick.

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:3, topic:12125”]I used to use a burnt rifle as a source of infinite tinder.

Light it up and batch craft, it goes out quick.[/quote]

I guess it had some parts made of wood? Anyways, that’s weird, haha.
I guess there should be a way to tell the game the “wood” part should be gone after the fire.

As far as I know, it’s only an indicator of how close the item is to being destroyed by fire. “Burnt” for any amount of burn > 0, and “badly burnt” if it’s at least halfway burnt (and the object has at least 4 volume).

So the largest penalty is that the item will burn easier if you get set on fire again?

i guess so