Building suggestion: Psychiatric hospital

This would be a 2x3 size building on the overmap. It could be fenced/walled area, or not, with the inclusion of a nice looking entrance yard and a lobby.

Items found:

• = These don’t exist yet… right?

Wheelchairs should.

What kind of critters live here? Are the any sort of nerfarious things aspouting around? inb4 house on haunted hill.

Uninfected human NPCs. Hostile and mad. Alternatively, infected but able to speak well, much like mi-gos. They would say the following things:

“They are coming! Can’t you see!?”
“Oh God, they’re already here!”
“DIEDIEDIEDIE!”
“Why can’t the voices stop!”
“Please help us! PLEASE!”
“I can’t take it anymore!”
“Are you… are you here to give us our medication?”
“Food! Do you have food? Please! I’m so hungry!”
“Get us out of here!”

That should be sufficiently disturbing.

Do you know how to make floor plans for the game?

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:3, topic:11459”]Uninfected human NPCs. Hostile and mad. Alternatively, infected but able to speak well, much like mi-gos. They would say the following things:

“They are coming! Can’t you see!?”
“Oh God, they’re already here!”
“DIEDIEDIEDIE!”
“Why can’t the voices stop!”
“Please help us! PLEASE!”
“I can’t take it anymore!”
“Are you… are you here to give us our medication?”
“Food! Do you have food? Please! I’m so hungry!”
“Get us out of here!”

That should be sufficiently disturbing.[/quote]You should probably read up on the lore a bit more, a couple of the points here seem to be a misunderstanding of how enemies are supposed to work in CDDA, at least, as far as I can tell.

Nope. Haven’t looked into it.

I was thinking bandit-like NPCs that start hostile from the get-go, just with the difference that they’re unarmed, wear robes or patient suits, and they’re called… lunatics? Psyche patients? Something. Of course we might have to explain how they’re not infected, assuming that’s even possible.

Either that or a new zombie type that mimics humans, but not perfectly. There would be at least visual cues.

Or the psych hospitals could be infested just with normal existing zombie types. (Easiest route)

Or they could be empty altogether.

I was thinking bandit-like NPCs that start hostile from the get-go, just with the difference that they’re unarmed, wear robes or patient suits, and they’re called… lunatics? Psyche patients? Something. Of course we might have to explain how they’re not infected, assuming that’s even possible.

Either that or a new zombie type that mimics humans, but not perfectly. There would be at least visual cues.

Or the psych hospitals could be infested just with normal existing zombie types. (Easiest route)

Or they could be empty altogether.[/quote]The latter two would fit best with the mechanics and description of the world as a whole.
If you just have a “hospital of psychos”, you got to explain how they’ve been kept fed, how they’ve avoided being killed by wildlife, military units, zombies, or aliens.
You don’t simply have “infected individuals”, with concern to zombies. Read the zombie lore, specifically the slime lore. The infection has no notable affects on still-living individuals, the infections you get from bites? That’s from a gangrene. The reason? Because the mouth is a rotting pile of tissue with a saturation of mundane but still horribly septic bacteria, which get under your skin by the teeth digging into your flesh. Not pleasant.

blob seems to be a ‘net positive’ on the Earth life, although it does seem to amplify latent traits, even without distillation.

[quote=“pisskop, post:8, topic:11459”]blob seems to be a ‘net positive’ on the Earth life, although it does seem to amplify latent traits, even without distillation.[/quote]True, but the latent trait of people in terms of “saying sentences” doesn’t seem something that would be particularly strong or even particular to people who’d need to be interred in such sort of hospitals. It’s like making zombies who were trained in firearms in their life to suddenly be able to shoot stuff post mortem.

im merely saying most people mutate towards their traits, zomify to suit their health/traits, and that traits themselves might be ab amplification of preapocolyptic tendencies.

also enbiggened ants

Psychiatric ward should have a chance of hosting horrible rift creatures you’d normally find at the drug dealer/corpse piles in fields like kreks and mi-gos. Maybe a few corpses with artifacts and pentagrams around some of the rooms with the explanation being the patients lured the creatures from their portals to the wards for some reason and got slaughtered.
I don’t know, building itself is a definite must.