[Bug] Gardening Shovel wont shovel anything!

The Gardening Shovel wont work in 0.A-797-g2fba99b

“a” on the item points me to the building menu. But the “Dig Pit” Option is still grey. Also no removal of rubble or metal wreckage. Same in diffrent builds for other people (checkt via #cataclysmdda).

[quote=“JackBox, post:1, topic:5656”]The Gardening Shovel wont work in 0.A-797-g2fba99b

“a” on the item points me to the building menu. But the “Dig Pit” Option is still grey. Also no removal of rubble or metal wreckage. Same in diffrent builds for other people (checkt via #cataclysmdda).[/quote]

I think its supposed to be a trowel.

… which would explain why it doesn’t dig big stuff. Through, even if it is (and then maybe should be called a trowel instead of shovel) it should still work to dig small pits fine since a digging stick works, just maybe not the bigger phase-2 pit.

If it’s a trowel, it should be renamed accordingly.

In america we call them gardening shovels…

Google image search agrees. AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

Well, the Brits say hello.
[size=5pt]Assholes…[/size]

I’ve lived in the States my entire life, allowing for a few excursions abroad, and done a fair bit of gardening. I’ve never heard the phrase “gardening shovel” used to describe what I interpret this item to be. I’d say that regardless of what you usually call it, trowel is less ambiguous, particularly when one considers that it’ll need to be translated.

This is even weirder than “turning circle”.

Takeaway: the unit needs a better description, and possibly some help in the construction menu.

(It was introduced in the fishing PR to dig up worms for bait, IIRC.)

In Arkansas I call them trowels. Perhaps it’s a New England thing. like pop/soda/coke?

Regardless they make a better trenching tool than a piece of wood with a sharp edge or a rock tied to said wood. I say make 'em dig.

Is there any time difference if you dig a pit with a digging stick vs. a shovel? Because that’s what I’m talking about.

also Spetsnaz shovels! Entrenching tools are a special forces #1 pick for close combat melee. True story.

In german we call them gardening shovel. Have some compassion for us poor non-native english speakers, I’ve never even heard the term “trowel”. =P

No, I’ve got even better idea: let’s call normal shovel a “non-gardening” shovel and revert trowel to its original name. That way everybody will be equally unhappy and non-english speakers most not unhappy of them all.

geezus h krayst,
eai

When I hear trowel I think of the flat kind or something used for putting stuco up on drywall. That’s the problem with trowels there are nine different kinds of trowels. So let’s just leave it at Gardening Shovel shall we?