Broken bones

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:20, topic:2843”]That’s lousy. From really low health, like 5-1 health, you ought to require a splint to hold anything or to heal properly so you’re not constantly in pain. But at 0 health, it ought to be gone.

On the flip side, there ought to be artificial arms and legs, like bionics.
Let’s say you put on the metal alloy CBM. If you don’t have an arm, you ought to get a metal one.[/quote]

I’m all for robo-arms and legs… Make the bionic get destroyed/replaced with damage and it could be interesting XD

limb logic :slight_smile: your legs can melt off while driving a car

[quote=“TheGrifter, post:20, topic:2843”]That’s lousy. From really low health, like 5-1 health, you ought to require a splint to hold anything or to heal properly so you’re not constantly in pain. But at 0 health, it ought to be gone.

On the flip side, there ought to be artificial arms and legs, like bionics.
Let’s say you put on the metal alloy CBM. If you don’t have an arm, you ought to get a metal one.[/quote]

You ought to… you ought to… you ought to…

Why don’t you make a suggestion thread for this if you have so many things you think ought to be changed?

two month necro? o0

Wasn’t me.

steps away horrified

:smiley:

It’s still a valid discussion, I see nothing wrong with them bringing an extant thread back to life rather than making a new one about the same exact topic.

Also, I’m totally in favor of a CBM: Prosthetic Limb type of thing and would like to second the idea.

If we’re continuing it then here’s my take on it:

1. Zero hp still = broken
  2. Just because a limb is broken doesn’t mean it can’t get hit. If broken limbs get hit then there is a (potentially stacking to implement small amounts of damage over time) of the limb being rendered completely destroyed, or “gone”.
  3. Splints will still be able to heal “broken” limbs
  4. The only thing that will be able to heal “gone” limbs is the hospital machine

Thread necromancy and all, still better then making my own thread for no apparent reason. I have a character with all the basic skills to make a splint… except first aid. How can you train a lil bit of first aid so you can make one of these?

You can spam using bandages/FAKs or other medical items on yourself/NPCs if you find enough, but the efficient method is to find one of the low skill first aid books and read it.

Lol. I didn’t realize this until after my character had died. His name was Mark Hamilton… He was one armed for a long time. He used melee weapons, mainly a fire axe. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can make improvised bandage from booze and rag, which trains first aid.

You can also cauterize your self, if you have mesochism trait.

Both kinds of splints require 1 survival and 1 first aid and are easily craftable using common items. Survival can be easily raised by foraging and butchering stuff. First-aid can be tricky though, though it can be raised by using healing items (like bandages) on yourself the only sure way to increase it is to read books like The Big Book of First Aid, Pocket Guide to First Aid, etc. These are easily available in Town-Libraries, Schools, Mansions, House-Basements, etc. My last character was able to increase First Aid to 1 by trying to repair large amounts of damage burning through all my bandage (~15 iirc).

On a side note, this thread is 4 years old. Rivet’s point was that it was still valid after 2 months. You should’ve asked in Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions or created your own thread.

I don’t see any admins having an issue with my post. :stuck_out_tongue: Keep your opinion on such things to yourself.

Whatever you say… but don’t you think 4 years necro for a single question is a little bit of a stretch? Tips Tricks and Newb questions is there for that.

Hexman, piss off and die in a fire. I don’t care what you think. Keep your sorry excuse of an opinion to yourself. You are not a moderator or anything of the kind. Get over yourself.

Well THAT escalated quickly.

Well, neither do I; but it wasn’t me who resurrected a 4-year old thread. You don’t have to be so flamey about it. Chill out dude.

I do when they keep coming back to bother me more and put their two cents in. So go fuck yourself telling me to chill. How about you just take your happy piece of shit ass elsewhere.

Didn’t cauterize worked too?

You could break a window and pass it to get small wounds to heal. And then use bandages.

A few days ago I don’t remember who used the method of self-inflicted wounds on IRC to grind first aid. I think he used a nail plank trap.

No one cares about that.