Boards - The ReBoardening

This suggestion is all about boards! So “buckle-up” while we talk about vehicles.

Boards are the beefy quarter-panel. They block sight and they block movement. They are the hard choice between visibility and durability.

Recently someone particularly awesome upped the ante with HD boards. They’re boards, but in high-definition! All the sight-blocking goodness with even more of that crash resistance you’ve come to love.

I wouldn’t change a thing really, except for this one thing I’d like to suggest changing:

Symbols. Boards ain’t got as many as quarter panels. To be exact these three musketeers are absent:

[size=10pt]^
H
=[/size]

It might not seem like much, but for those of us that like to build cars to look like things other than bricks it’s a bit of a let down–especially since there isn’t a heavy duty replacement for the quarter-panel. Which, while we’re on the subject, I have a second suggestion.

Firing Ports. No proper APC is complete without them. All it would take is the ability to add ports to boards like adding curtains to windshields and presto! They’d let you (or enemies) see and shoot out of them when open.

That’s my two cents on the subject, toss any thoughts or suggestions of your own into the mix.

I didn’t add the ^, H, or = symbols because at the time I was under the impression those were just frames. As for Firing Ports, I considered adding them but didn’t know how to, so I didn’t.

I didn’t add HD Quarter-panels because I didn’t see the point of adding heavy duty 3/4ths Glass. (For the same reason there’s no Light-weight full board)

One note, not High Definition, heavy duty.

Originally, they WERE just frames. When I made the quarterpanels, I made extras to mirror those frame parts because some of the vehicles rely on those frame types to make them look less boring, and the quarterpanels covered them up.

We need a way to stick weapons into the firing ports and have them connected to the car.

Hooray for mounted flamethrower.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:4, topic:4812”]We need a way to stick weapons into the firing ports and have them connected to the car.

Hooray for mounted flamethrower.[/quote]

…Or just have the supposedly roof-mounted turrets not shoot the fucking vehicle…

[center][size=14pt]UPDATE[/size][/center]

In my first foray into modifying a Json I’ve added the following:

[color=yellow]^ H [/color]and [color=yellow]= [/color]symbols for boards, HD boards and wooden boards
The missing [color=yellow]^[/color] symbol for lightweight quarterpanels and wooden quarterpanels

I’ve enclosed said modifications in a link below, just download and use it to replace your current vehicle_parts.json in data/json folder.

[color=orange]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_x0M7UKn9Y8NHh5aWR5UjVLTG8/edit?usp=sharing[/color]

These changes are as of Experimental Version: 0.9-3676-g1c39a39.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:5, topic:4812”][quote=“gtaguy, post:4, topic:4812”]We need a way to stick weapons into the firing ports and have them connected to the car.

Hooray for mounted flamethrower.[/quote]

…Or just have the supposedly roof-mounted turrets not shoot the fucking vehicle…[/quote]+9001!!!