Blood Filter can cure Schizophrenia?

I’m not sure if this should go here or in the Bug Reports. If this is the wrong place, please let me know.

Blood Filter bionic can clear hallucinations caused by schizophrenia and magic artifacts, because the status effect that they apply when you start hallucinating is the Magic Mushroom effect. By its description, Blood Filter shouldn’t be clearing any effects that aren’t microbial diseases, drugs, or poisons. So I believe it should be clearing LSD and magic mushrooms, but not schizophrenia and other sources of hallucination.

Hooooo, interesting one. Schizophrenia is a fairly broad term that includes some things that are caused by/highly related to chemical imbalances in the brain. So I guess it would depend on what sort of schizophrenia you had.

Well, Chem Imbalance is a separate trait, and Blood Filter doesn’t help with that.

I’m inclined to call this a bug. If nobody else nails it before I get my Git updated, will take a look.

Further experimentation seems to point to it just being the effect that gives you the kaleidoscope vision (like LSD) that Blood Filter can clear. Hallucinations that aren’t accompanied by that effect don’t get cleared.

EDIT: alas, I can no longer test this because my game crashed during a save, resulting in save corruption and the loss of 15 days of ingame progression with reversion to a backup from a few real life days ago. Hopefully this is enough to go on.

I would repost this on the garage if I were you. It risks not being seen in here