Better Storage mod?

I have a mobile house weighting in at 36,000 pounds, 32,500 volume of spaces.

It’s a bit annoying how the pick-up menus is. For instance, I want to find a gun I threw into one of my storage space in my house’s storage space.

I open up a box…

Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel
Lumps of steel

I would love to make it so it displays like this,
104 Lumps of Steel
2 Scraps of metal
1 Crossbow
1 Coilgun
3 Car battery

It would make it so much simpler! Maybe a mod already exist, maybe I need to figure out how to make all pick-ups to display just like the player’s menus. Some copy-pasting.

There’s also one more thing that bothers me a lot. If I, for instance, start crafting a heavy duty steel frame, I’m forced to choose from a list of welders to use.

1. Welding Rig
  2. Welder (Nearly)
  3. Tape
  4. A. Welder (Nearly)
  5. Forge Rig

Annoying since it slows my crafting down by making it impossible for me to hold down _ and just craft for DAYS.

Use advanced inventory menu. Advanced inventory menu counts all items of the same type on the same tile and allows filtering by name.

Remembering used tools sounds doable. “Recraft last craft” suggests reusing same tools. The only problem I see with this would be needing to get the exact tools, which would require either remembering their positions (would be forgotten every time base moves) or checking for their set of tags.

I don’t see a way to enable the advanced inventory menus. Is that the Shift+V menus? If so, it don’t show what I have stored away in my cargo carriers.

Could set the tool reusing system so that it don’t even ask. Just use the best tool nearly, for instance, since cars+welding rigs have way more power to draw from than hand-held wielders, it would check for that first, if not, hand wielder it is then. Tapes be final option.

It’s with “/”

But IMO it’s way cumbersome if you want to just pick up things!

Ooh! PERFECT!

Yeah, e for collecting loots. / for going through my 5+ ton worth of loots, got it! Thanks!

[quote=“DrNightmares, post:5, topic:8010”]Ooh! PERFECT!

Yeah, e for collecting loots. / for going through my 5+ ton worth of loots, got it! Thanks![/quote]

A pleasure, kind sir! c:

Also, IIRC items dropped on a field will always show up on the bottom of the list, so if you drop your gun, go get something from outside, come back, and don’t want to scroll through 104 lumps of steel, just go to the bottom of the list, and there it should be.