Belt Clip?

The make shift crowbar says it can clip to a belt yet i haven’t found a belt i can do it to

None can, afaik.

Not sure how do mod it in. Maybe look at the firebelt for a start

"type" : "ARMOR",
    "id" : "fireman_belt",
    "name" : "firefighter belt",
    "volume" : 2,
    "material_thickness" : 0,
    "storage" : 4,
    "covers" : ["TORSO"],
    "description" : "A stout firefighter's belt.  Useful for keeping your bunker gear up, it also doubles as an equipment belt with a reinforced loop for holding a large tool.",
    "weight" : 210,
    "color" : "yellow",
    "encumbrance" : 0,
    "price" : 9000,
    "material" : ["leather", "steel"],
    "coverage" : 0,
    "symbol" : "[",
    "bashing" : 5,
    "flags" : ["FANCY", "WAIST", "NO_QUICKDRAW"],
    "warmth" : 0,
    "use_action" : {
        "type": "holster",
         "holster_prompt": "Attach what to belt loop?",
         "holster_msg": "You clip your %s to your %s",
         "max_volume": 5,
         "max_weight": 3600,
         "draw_cost": 50,
         "flags": ["BELT_CLIP"]

^^ Nope. Try crowbar next

{
“id”: “crowbar”,
“type”: “TOOL”,
“symbol”: “;”,
“color”: “dark_gray”,
“name”: “crowbar”,
“description”: “This is a hefty prying tool. Use it to open locked doors without destroying them or to lift manhole covers. You could also wield it to bash some heads in.”,
“price”: 1300,
“material”: “steel”,
“weight”: 500,
“volume”: 4,
“bashing”: 14,
“cutting”: 1,
“to_hit”: 2,
“flags”: [“BELT_CLIP”],
“use_action”: “CROWBAR”,

"flags": ["BELT_CLIP"],

^^ here we go. That is what likely lets it be clipped at all, and the fire belt also has a useaction flag "belt_clip.

So it looks like adding that flag to any useaction_holster item with the belt_clip flag and a set volume would allow that item to be holstered. So a mod to holster a fire axe is doable?

A mod to do almost anything is doable.
:3

Jaa.

Somebody either mod the existing belts or create a new belt that can hold a volume 6 item.

Or make the makeshift bars smaller

[quote=“pisskop, post:4, topic:11720”]Jaa.

Somebody either mod the existing belts or create a new belt that can hold a volume 6 item.

Or make the makeshift bars smaller[/quote]

Meh, the makeshift one being inconvenient makes sense, actually.

But the survivor harness, that needs to have the volume of “rifle” that it can hold increased to something that actually exists. As it is, I’m not sure any rifles will actually fit in it at all, making it pretty terrible. (Just big enough to hold an unmodded A7 sounds good…)

The only weapon I’ve ever regularly used that fitted it was a relatively unmodded survivor carbine, which kind of makes sense when you think about it. If it or another holster could also accommodate something like a large heavily modded pistol, I’d definitely make more use of it.

Edit: I realize the survivor harness’ holster function was probably rebalanced to accommodate approiately sized SMG-type weapons. I just have a bad habit of under utilizing them.

Edit Edit: I know this isn’t the ideas or suggestions thread, but what if we could integrate holsters/magazine holders into existing clothing using tailoring?

i made armor that accepts 6-12 size gun.

i no kidding want a strap or something to hold a size 1-2 thrown weapons holder.
.i.e. a knife bandiler or a leather belt to hold my sling(shot)

[quote=“deoxy, post:5, topic:11720”]Meh, the makeshift one being inconvenient makes sense, actually.

But the survivor harness, that needs to have the volume of “rifle” that it can hold increased to something that actually exists. As it is, I’m not sure any rifles will actually fit in it at all, making it pretty terrible. (Just big enough to hold an unmodded A7 sounds good…)[/quote]

I agree that the makeshift crowbar probably should not fit in the normal tool belt, but I could see a simple mod being made that allowed it to.

The survivor harness is pretty much only made to carry submachineguns and genuinely small rifles, such as the survivor carbine or the 9mm rifle. I mostly use it for submachineguns due to the fact that the experimental recently saw an increase in the spawn rates and number of firearms that would fit into this category. Currently, my character is running the survivor harness with a badass P90.

[quote=“Straume21, post:8, topic:11720”][quote=“deoxy, post:5, topic:11720”]Meh, the makeshift one being inconvenient makes sense, actually.

But the survivor harness, that needs to have the volume of “rifle” that it can hold increased to something that actually exists. As it is, I’m not sure any rifles will actually fit in it at all, making it pretty terrible. (Just big enough to hold an unmodded A7 sounds good…)[/quote]

I agree that the makeshift crowbar probably should not fit in the normal tool belt, but I could see a simple mod being made that allowed it to.

The survivor harness is pretty much only made to carry submachineguns and genuinely small rifles, such as the survivor carbine or the 9mm rifle. I mostly use it for submachineguns due to the fact that the experimental recently saw an increase in the spawn rates and number of firearms that would fit into this category. Currently, my character is running the survivor harness with a badass P90.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/a8d5863933015e3e13cc07b2893b25f2/tumblr_inline_nyrcoowW7r1rq29x2_540.jpg[/quote]

Ah. I had pictured “holstering” rifles with the Survivor Harness as attaching them to the harness with an integral one-point sling, like pictured. Didn’t know what to make of it not letting me use it that way.

I would like to see some different types of sling accessories like 1-point and 3-points to have a long arm more immediately accessible to the survivor’s hands than strapping it on the back. These are solutions that are commonly in use with most LE/mil today.

[quote=“Straume21, post:8, topic:11720”][quote=“deoxy, post:5, topic:11720”]Meh, the makeshift one being inconvenient makes sense, actually.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/a8d5863933015e3e13cc07b2893b25f2/tumblr_inline_nyrcoowW7r1rq29x2_540.jpg[/quote]

Using a folding stock lets you fit some larger rifles, as long as you don’t go too overboard with large weapon mods / use drum magazines. I’ve got an A7 with a scope tucked into mine.