Behold, your new landspeed record holder, EVERYBODY BOW!

After about a week of adjustment and nearly 2 weeks of scavenging, i finaly found the right items to make my sonic bike, note that this bike shattered the current land speed record by over 1000%, 10-1 mph difference

I have been having difficulty posting a picture to this forums, so bare with me, this was done 100% legit, and took an extensive amount of time to prepare and complete, not to mention, with far less engines then the past record holder had used.

-Note, admins, if there are multiple posts that im not seeing, this was due to a constant error stream that i encountered when attempting to make posts on this forum, please investigate why i was being denied access to posting privilages .-.

I give up for now… Devs please tell me why i cannot post any picture here, i have tried changing the photo format from jpeg to everysingle bit map and monostyle that i have available and they are all denied, for now i guess take my word that i achieved a speed of

16829mph, .-. shame i cant offer graphical proof for the moment, but i insist i am honest :3

upload it on a site (like dropbox etc) then use the insert image icon with the link in the middle.

http://minus.com/
http://imgur.com/
Quick and easy when it comes to image sharing.

That can’t be at a thousand your going five map tiles per turn at that speed you would use up more road and memory before you could get that high

You can get /displayed/ speeds that high thanks to impact glitches (and lots of other super weird behaviour), but they tend to not last long.

It would be pretty interesting to see if he somehow managed that sustained, that’s for sure!

You can’t upload images to the forum though, you have to host them externally and then use the image tags.

That can’t be at a thousand your going five map tiles per turn at that speed you would use up more road and memory before you could get that high[/quote]

You sound like the doubting official in an action flick: “That’s ridiculous. We’ve got fifteen trained officers trying to take that thing on. Nobody could even make that jump anywa…”

Sockman sonic boosts across the ravine and kills the Drawerdemon.

Until there actually is something showing how yo ugo to that like pictures of the bike, speed this is just a story. So until then i dont think this counts as the record considering there is another guy who has a long post about reaching 1000mph.

Screen shots or it never happend.

like i sort of said untill i manage to get my screenshots on here, ballfairy is without a doubt still the current holder of the record, and yes i did come to find that the reason that this speed was achieved was a duel collision with two of my other cars and my landmines that i put around them to keep out zombies, the speed resulting sent me flying through a forest and several towns, it took like 5 minutes to load each frame which is why i only have the one of this part, the speed wasnt a glitch i just did not achieve it through motorized acceleration, that title for now still belongs to ballfairy, that is, untill my other bike is done >:3 , still cant get the top speed to get over 1200, and in my tests it has not been able to break 987mph. The reason i believe i am able to claim the land speed record is due to the distance i covered before i crashed into a radio tower and died. Also, only 3 frames were actualy seen, and the reason i captured one was because i looked away from my screen for a moment and when i came back i had a frozen screen and that image looking at me, i took the screen shot and watched for around 15 minutes untill my character smashed into that tower.

I in no way shape or form place any claims onto ballfairy’s fastest vehicle record

But i do place claim on his land speed record :P, if i’m told that from these situations from enough people, i will retract said claim untill i finish my other bike and find a location long enough to test it to break the records.

[quote=“WhiteSamurai, post:10, topic:915”]like i sort of said untill i manage to get my screenshots on here, ballfairy is without a doubt still the current holder of the record, and yes i did come to find that the reason that this speed was achieved was a duel collision with two of my other cars and my landmines that i put around them to keep out zombies, the speed resulting sent me flying through a forest and several towns, it took like 5 minutes to load each frame which is why i only have the one of this part, the speed wasnt a glitch i just did not achieve it through motorized acceleration, that title for now still belongs to ballfairy, that is, untill my other bike is done >:3 , still cant get the top speed to get over 1200, and in my tests it has not been able to break 987mph. The reason i believe i am able to claim the land speed record is due to the distance i covered before i crashed into a radio tower and died. Also, only 3 frames were actualy seen, and the reason i captured one was because i looked away from my screen for a moment and when i came back i had a frozen screen and that image looking at me, i took the screen shot and watched for around 15 minutes untill my character smashed into that tower.

I in no way shape or form place any claims onto ballfairy’s fastest vehicle record

But i do place claim on his land speed record :P, if i’m told that from these situations from enough people, i will retract said claim untill i finish my other bike and find a location long enough to test it to break the records.[/quote]

Upload to Imgur
When uploaded copy the Image URL
Add [Img] tags around the Image
???
Profit.

Sounds legit. I wanna see! :smiley:

just to make sure you or somebody doesnt my car is still intact as i didint crash it, i will be replacing all engines with 6+ liter V8’s and making the vehicle longer for more engines

my record will stand.

[quote=“WhiteSamurai, post:10, topic:915”]like i sort of said untill i manage to get my screenshots on here, ballfairy is without a doubt still the current holder of the record, and yes i did come to find that the reason that this speed was achieved was a duel collision with two of my other cars and my landmines that i put around them to keep out zombies, the speed resulting sent me flying through a forest and several towns, it took like 5 minutes to load each frame which is why i only have the one of this part, the speed wasnt a glitch i just did not achieve it through motorized acceleration, that title for now still belongs to ballfairy, that is, untill my other bike is done >:3 , still cant get the top speed to get over 1200, and in my tests it has not been able to break 987mph. The reason i believe i am able to claim the land speed record is due to the distance i covered before i crashed into a radio tower and died. Also, only 3 frames were actualy seen, and the reason i captured one was because i looked away from my screen for a moment and when i came back i had a frozen screen and that image looking at me, i took the screen shot and watched for around 15 minutes untill my character smashed into that tower.

But i do place claim on his land speed record :P, if i’m told that from these situations from enough people, i will retract said claim untill i finish my other bike and find a location long enough to test it to break the records.[/quote]
I’ve had something like that happen about a month ago, but it was for a significantly shorter time. Only went about 6 map tiles in the space of 2 turns, so I’m thinking my larger vehicle lost speed much much MUCH faster than yours did. I also survived the experience, only taking out a dozen bushes and some squirrels before regaining control.

[URL=http://img.ie/images/7bwm9.png][/URL]

Also of note, that was a BICYCLE that launched my truck to those speeds.

[quote=“Greiger, post:14, topic:915”][quote=“WhiteSamurai, post:10, topic:915”]like i sort of said untill i manage to get my screenshots on here, ballfairy is without a doubt still the current holder of the record, and yes i did come to find that the reason that this speed was achieved was a duel collision with two of my other cars and my landmines that i put around them to keep out zombies, the speed resulting sent me flying through a forest and several towns, it took like 5 minutes to load each frame which is why i only have the one of this part, the speed wasnt a glitch i just did not achieve it through motorized acceleration, that title for now still belongs to ballfairy, that is, untill my other bike is done >:3 , still cant get the top speed to get over 1200, and in my tests it has not been able to break 987mph. The reason i believe i am able to claim the land speed record is due to the distance i covered before i crashed into a radio tower and died. Also, only 3 frames were actualy seen, and the reason i captured one was because i looked away from my screen for a moment and when i came back i had a frozen screen and that image looking at me, i took the screen shot and watched for around 15 minutes untill my character smashed into that tower.

I’ve had something like that happen about a month ago, but it was for a significantly shorter time. Only went about 6 map tiles in the space of 2 turns, so I’m thinking my larger vehicle lost speed much much MUCH faster than yours did. I also survived the experience, only taking out a dozen bushes and some squirrels before regaining control.

Also of note, that was a BICYCLE that launched my truck to those speeds.[/quote]

Congrats Greig.
That’s just about three-point-five Cee.

What kinda engines you running anyway? I think you need to install a flux capacitor.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:15, topic:915”][quote=“Greiger, post:14, topic:915”][quote=“WhiteSamurai, post:10, topic:915”]like i sort of said untill i manage to get my screenshots on here, ballfairy is without a doubt still the current holder of the record, and yes i did come to find that the reason that this speed was achieved was a duel collision with two of my other cars and my landmines that i put around them to keep out zombies, the speed resulting sent me flying through a forest and several towns, it took like 5 minutes to load each frame which is why i only have the one of this part, the speed wasnt a glitch i just did not achieve it through motorized acceleration, that title for now still belongs to ballfairy, that is, untill my other bike is done >:3 , still cant get the top speed to get over 1200, and in my tests it has not been able to break 987mph. The reason i believe i am able to claim the land speed record is due to the distance i covered before i crashed into a radio tower and died. Also, only 3 frames were actualy seen, and the reason i captured one was because i looked away from my screen for a moment and when i came back i had a frozen screen and that image looking at me, i took the screen shot and watched for around 15 minutes untill my character smashed into that tower.

Also of note, that was a BICYCLE that launched my truck to those speeds.[/quote]

Congrats Greig.
That’s just about three-point-five Cee.[/quote]
There we go all we need for FTL travel is a bicycle to collide with a (semi?/flatbed?) truck side on.
at relativistic speeds like that you (and possibly the vehicle) should be crushed however we need to try 2 bicycles see if we can go faster.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:15, topic:915”]Congrats Greig.
That’s just about three-point-five Cee.

What kinda engines you running anyway? I think you need to install a flux capacitor.[/quote]

662,572 miles per hour = 11042 miles per minute = 184 miles per second

c = 186,282 miles per second = 671,000,000 miles per hour

not quite speed of light but you did go Mach 862 and should be attracting monsters from 100000000000 tiles away

Whoops. Seconds to hours malfunction there.

Still a damn impressive speed.

It only lasted for a fraction of a second though, I barely moved at all compared to what I should have, there was a forest about half a dozen map tiles in the direction I was traveling, and I regained control 2 turns later just outside it.

The truck was just a basic flatbed truck with a V8 engine of some size I don’t remember. The stuff on front is an extra layer of spiked plating covered frames made into the shape of a bulldozer scoop.