Beast Log

Ever play diablo 1?

It was freaking awesome how the monsters started showing their weakness/strongernesses after killing them 10 times 50 times or 100 times.

This should happen in DDA.

Every time you spot a monster it comes into a beast log.

After 10 kills the monster’s HP is revealed.

After 50 kills its AC is revealed.

after 100 kills the monsters weakness/tactics are revealed.

500 kills?

Shit would be awesome.

Please someone make this.

Thanks for the backup bro.

Totally agree, this would be a killer sweet feature.

I support!

I do as well.

But I also need a writeable book/journal thing so I can write out my at base stash and loot piles for future characters.

Bill Murry 4 u my friend.

[quote=“Jack Root, post:5, topic:3205”]I do as well.

But I also need a writeable book/journal thing so I can write out my at base stash and loot piles for future characters.[/quote]

Welcome friend, thanks for the support. Seriously love this idea. Even got my ass off GTA V to post this.

Whatacha mean about book/journal ? Like a map of your house and writable texts to say where things are located?

I totally love systems like this, so I’m all for it.
We already track kill counts, and are starting to track more and more info about other actions, like “attacked monster X with a bashing weapon”, so we might even have the info we need.

I like it when good ideas fit in to the gameplay. Realism is a huge factor in this game and learning about enemies as you kill them is just plain logic. I support the idea!

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:3205”]I totally love systems like this, so I’m all for it.
We already track kill counts, and are starting to track more and more info about other actions, like “attacked monster X with a bashing weapon”, so we might even have the info we need.[/quote]

<3 how GTA has all those random stats
DDA could have some fun stuff too

Headshot Expertise(# of Zeds Headshotted): X
Level of pyromaniac(how many fires started): X
Level of Accident Prone(car crashes): X
Drug of Choice: X
Hours listen to MP3player: X
Favorite place to sleep(Bed,Car,Ground,Cot,Tent,): X

Possibility is endless.

Heres a 7.1 i’m still playing… Glorious stats are glorious.

Well said! You rock.
And totally agree.
Thanks 4 the support.

A brilliant idea, if I may comment.

Why thank you good sir.

And a hundred good fortunes 2 u.

I especially like the idea of getting rewarded for killing many of the same type of mob.
Cause you will go out of your way to become a Fungal Zombie master hunter to learn all their secrets.

Pfft, if this was ingame already I would be a master flaming eye hunter.

Damn, i wish i was as badass as you FunsizeNinja!

Takes a few months, but by then you’ll live 'till winter. Experienced cataclysm survivor, here.

Takes a few months, but by then you’ll live 'till winter. Experienced cataclysm survivor, here.[/quote]

Starting to stock up on my 7.1 guy right now.
He has tons of tinned food, infinite water thanks to toilet exploit, and a secure location he is going to board up.
Want to vacuum pak some meat, but don’t know where to get plastic bags yet.

Yeaaaaaaaaa, this is good, bro! activates cigar
Very good idea

adom does this also.

You should also get bonuses by finding research notes and military reports about the mobs. It makes sense to have such items scattered across the world: the scientists want to learn about these new creatures, and the military wants to learn how to kill these new creatures and make them stay dead.