Bayonet

Why does putting a bayonet on your weapon require masrkmanship skill?
I mean, anyone can do it. Anyone can stick it on. Anyone with an IQ over 30
Or, is the req. there to keep people from being OP early on?

Yeah, i agree with you. This game is about realism, people! And fun. But sticking zombies head IS fun.

I think it’s an unfortunate casualty of the rest of the attachments system.

Things you should be able to install easily: Bayonet, Extended Mag, Double Mag, maybe an underslung weapon?
Things that need skill to install: Literally any other weapon mod.

the most straightforward fix for this is to add a ‘skill required to apply’ field to each gun mod and check that.

[quote=“Datanazush, post:3, topic:6323”]Things you should be able to install easily: Bayonet, Extended Mag, Double Mag, maybe an underslung weapon?
Things that need skill to install: Literally any other weapon mod.[/quote]

Agreed right here. I am a /k/ommando, so I ama gun nut, and a regular costumer at the local shooting range, so I should know.
Also, I don’t know if it’s there, but weapon maintenance would be amazing, also adding some marskman-skill, or raising morale, because cleaning your gun, keeping it clean and operational, is fun. It should lessen the weapon breaking chances.

[quote=“Markutsk, post:5, topic:6323”][quote=“Datanazush, post:3, topic:6323”]Things you should be able to install easily: Bayonet, Extended Mag, Double Mag, maybe an underslung weapon?

Agreed right here. I am a /k/ommando, so I ama gun nut, and a regular costumer at the local shooting range, so I should know.
Also, I don’t know if it’s there, but weapon maintenance would be amazing, also adding some marskman-skill, or raising morale, because cleaning your gun, keeping it clean and operational, is fun. It should lessen the weapon breaking chances.[/quote]

New trait, /k/ommando: Gain happiness when cleaning guns, shooting guns, modifying guns, carrying more than 5 guns.
Acquired taste morale boosts would be pretty cool, say, a character wouldn’t enjoy weapon maintenance unless they were into guns, but after maintaining weapons for a long enough time, they’d sort of get into it.

[quote=“Datanazush, post:6, topic:6323”][quote=“Markutsk, post:5, topic:6323”][quote=“Datanazush, post:3, topic:6323”]Things you should be able to install easily: Bayonet, Extended Mag, Double Mag, maybe an underslung weapon?

Also, I don’t know if it’s there, but weapon maintenance would be amazing, also adding some marskman-skill, or raising morale, because cleaning your gun, keeping it clean and operational, is fun. It should lessen the weapon breaking chances.[/quote]

New trait, /k/ommando: Gain happiness when cleaning guns, shooting guns, modifying guns, carrying more than 5 guns.
Acquired taste morale boosts would be pretty cool, say, a character wouldn’t enjoy weapon maintenance unless they were into guns, but after maintaining weapons for a long enough time, they’d sort of get into it.[/quote]

Be my Husbando.

Disagree with that. Almost everything you do in the game is somebody’s hobby, from hunting, fishing, tending garden, fixing up cars, building wooden furniture, fiddling with electronics, etc. If you add a trait for gun maintenance as a hobby, it would be out of place without adding traits for everything else.

And besides, when you’re doing something as part of your necessary daily survival, it stops being a hobby and starts being a chore.

[quote=“Bumpkin, post:8, topic:6323”]If you add a trait for gun maintenance as a hobby, it would be out of place without adding traits for everything else.

And besides, when you’re doing something as part of your necessary daily survival, it stops being a hobby and starts being a chore.[/quote]

It does make sense.
But who said adding more hobbies won’t make the game more indepth?
So, add fishing hobbies, cleaning hobbies, Hoarder is also a Hobbylike trait. Self Defence classes, Martial arts, hobbies…

[quote=“Bumpkin, post:8, topic:6323”]Disagree with that. Almost everything you do in the game is somebody’s hobby, from hunting, fishing, tending garden, fixing up cars, building wooden furniture, fiddling with electronics, etc. If you add a trait for gun maintenance as a hobby, it would be out of place without adding traits for everything else.

And besides, when you’re doing something as part of your necessary daily survival, it stops being a hobby and starts being a chore.[/quote]

Good point. Maybe add interests at character creation? That was what I was really going for anyway, that each survivor would be really into doing some things for a hobby, with them enjoying the work, regardless of what kind of work it is.

That could add a little more flavour to character creation, yeah. Not sure if traits are the best place for it, though. Maybe some advanced character gen where you pick your hobbies ; and the more you pick, the less effective any are (ie. pick fishing as your only hobby, and you get a decent happiness boost for going fishing. Pick fishing and four other things, and you get a tiny happiness boost for doing any of them)