Basic needings

I’m pretty happy to be able to say that I’ve never played a roguelike which required me to simulate the four minutes per day I spend using a toilet.

iceball3: Heh heh, savour that. I don’t like arguing to win.

Bathing might be something that gets added, partially for scent reduction (since monsters track you by that, which will have even more effect once stealth is in) and partially for the morale thing.

The others range from “not interesting enough” to “hell no”.

I tend to agree with Kevin about this. Though I would like for us to be able to gather water from sources other than toilets. :stuck_out_tongue:

Recommended water sources (note: purification/boiling still necessary)

1. the Funnel. Deploy it outside during rain, then have containers on your person and examine/don’t disarm/specify to fill them. Theoretically rainwater gathered this way is the safest non-Clean water available, at 1/10 chance for poisoning and guaranteed low-intensity poisoning if it happens.
  2. Mansion swimming pool.
  3. Isolated lakes (clumps of River tiles, rather than a River).
  4. Riverbank (Dangerous, thanks to swamp spawns on the outskirts.)

Hoping that helps.

[quote=“KA101, post:25, topic:1419”]Recommended water sources (note: purification/boiling still necessary)

1. the Funnel. Deploy it outside during rain, then have containers on your person and examine/don’t disarm/specify to fill them. Theoretically rainwater gathered this way is the safest non-Clean water available, at 1/10 chance for poisoning and guaranteed low-intensity poisoning if it happens.
  2. Mansion swimming pool.
  3. Isolated lakes (clumps of River tiles, rather than a River).
  4. Riverbank (Dangerous, thanks to swamp spawns on the outskirts.)

Hoping that helps[/quote]getting poisoned from bathing in it seems to make little sense given that such sources are generally bathed in irl with low repricussions. i can see a murky pool being more gross than riverbanks. nevertheless, to get any poison at all implies that the simple act of swimming through it will leave you poisoned.
especially the funnel water. if acid rain gets in then just checking whether it is acidic or not should be sufficient enough.

People who bathe in rivers for fun often aren’t covered in zombie scratches and bites. AFAIK that would be a bad thing, and Cataclysm water is even dirtier and more polluted.

fills barrel with acid rain. begins putting NPC/zombie corpses into it

if bathing gets implemented for scent reasons, does that mean we will also get soap/deodorant/the ability to shave armpits?

[quote=“kilozombie, post:27, topic:1419”]People who bathe in rivers for fun often aren’t covered in zombie scratches and bites. AFAIK that would be a bad thing, and Cataclysm water is even dirtier and more polluted.[/quote]Well assuming it is around Hudson River On A Bad Day levels all the time, then boiling it wont make it safe to drink, you’d literally need to re-condensate it or filter, the former of which would either lots of energy or time.
Even then, you’d get chemical burns from it, which would just deal very slight damage all over, realistically.