Backrooms of gas stations

Always found a bit weird to see these completely empty, but I don’t have much an idea of what could be found in one. Thoughts?

Toilet paper and cleaning supplies?

If we’re talking about the convenience style stations, cigarettes, candy, gum, drinks that don’t need refrigeration, junk type food in general (chips, pork rinds, jerky). Maybe some aspirin or caffeine pills.

If we’re talking about old style gas stations that have a repair bay, the skys the limit, wrench, screwdriver, jerrycan, a jack or even a welder. in addition to anything you could expect to find in a vending machine if not a vending machine itself.

[quote=“Ironstone, post:3, topic:5139”]If we’re talking about the convenience style stations, cigarettes, candy, gum, drinks that don’t need refrigeration, junk type food in general (chips, pork rinds, jerky). Maybe some aspirin or caffeine pills.

If we’re talking about old style gas stations that have a repair bay, the skys the limit, wrench, screwdriver, jerrycan, a jack or even a welder. in addition to anything you could expect to find in a vending machine if not a vending machine itself.[/quote]

As well as a glory hole.

You know, for verisimilitude.

Having worked in a gas station-convenience store for a number of years, I can say that there should be cleaning supplies/tools, a small office area with the usual stuff, and more cartons of cigarettes than you can shake a stick at. Mostly the smokes; the place I worked at kept a few hundred cartons of their biggest sellers in the back at any given time.

[quote=“Ironstone, post:3, topic:5139”]If we’re talking about the convenience style stations, cigarettes, candy, gum, drinks that don’t need refrigeration, junk type food in general (chips, pork rinds, jerky). Maybe some aspirin or caffeine pills.

If we’re talking about old style gas stations that have a repair bay, the skys the limit, wrench, screwdriver, jerrycan, a jack or even a welder. in addition to anything you could expect to find in a vending machine if not a vending machine itself.[/quote]

That’s a good idea.

there should be a chance of a firearm or other weapon spawning behind the counter at gas stations. while most large companies have a no weapons policy a lot of the time they are ignored, especially the ones out in the country.

Grocery Stores, Gas Stations, anything where they sell anything really tend to have areas where they keep stock that isn’t on the shelves yet.
[size=1pt]Such is the realm in which the night stock dwell when the trucks don’t come.[/size]

I swear I have looted a firearm behind the counter. Not sure though.

could probably do with baseball bats/truncheons/clubs behind bar counters too.
And shotguns behind gunstore counters ofc.

Having worked in a gas station-convenience store for a number of years, I can say that there should be cleaning supplies/tools, a small office area with the usual stuff, and more cartons of cigarettes than you can shake a stick at. Mostly the smokes; the place I worked at kept a few hundred cartons of their biggest sellers in the back at any given time.[/quote]

Thinking the “office” could just be a desk & chair with office-y item spawns. Cleaning would likely be its own niche and then the Pile O’ Stock.

As for the gun stuff, yeah, that’s the “behind_counter” spawngroup and it’s already implemented. You can get some nice stuff in it! (Rivtech short SG, loaded and ready, anyone?)