Back in Cataclysm after a while and... Can't get into the Fire Station?

I just started playing again after quite a while of leaving it be. I found a small town (three buildings) with a fire station. Whenever I try to use the winch it just says nothing happens. Is this a glitch or working as intended?

Never happened to me.
Usually the fire station has a small room in which you can operate the winch and a metal door beside it opens (not the rolling shutters, but a small door).

I’ll keep an eye on it and maybe test it manually later. It’s what the debug tools are for.

Did a fireman start and am unable to enter the firestation again. Going to report this as a bug.

usually it implies that the type of wench used does not match the explicit wall its trying to operate through. There is a wench for each type of wall that the game reasonably expects to have to ‘wench through’.

Hardcoded object is hardcoded.

what version? the newest expie?

Newest. I used the launcher. It’s why I haven’t filed a report yet so I can make sure of the details. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“pisskop, post:5, topic:13729”]usually it implies that the type of wench used does not match the explicit wall its trying to operate through. There is a wench for each type of wall that the game reasonably expects to have to ‘wench through’.

Hardcoded object is hardcoded.

what version? the newest expie?[/quote]

Damn wenches… so picky about what doors they’ll open and what doors they won’t open. You know what? Someone should invent a tool that will open the door for you instead of needing to train and feed wenches all the time… we could call it a winch.

Which lets you have winch-wenches, which are wenches which winch winches.

Which lets you have winch-wenches, which are wenches which winch winches.[/quote]

Oh wow I’m totally out of my league here…

Don’t know… Was able to successfully open the metal door leading to the firestation.
http://imgur.com/Kcl8ajR

Hardy harr, lets regress society after the fall even more by taking the maid out of the kitchen. and with the vibrators ludicris morale bonus who even needs other living humies? the only good thing npcs have done for me is eat a zedpunch and fetch me some ammo

The wench’s smashed.

I’m going to have to check into this again. I just realized my CCDDA launcher was pointing at the wrong directory for some reason. Sorry for the confusion.