Autohotkey scripts

A simple autohotkey script that automates somewhat the process of cooking meat and boiling water. For meat press Ctrl+F and it’ll try to cook five chunks in a row. For water press Ctrl+W and it’ll automatically go to the process up to where you choose the container for your clean water.

[code]#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
;SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; Make meat
^F::
loop 5 {
Send, {&}
Sleep, 100
Send, {>}
Sleep, 100
Send, {>}
Sleep, 100
Send, {Return}
Sleep, 100
Send, {Return}
Sleep, 100
Send, {ESC}
Sleep, 100
}

; Make water
^W::
Send, {&}
Sleep, 100
Send, {>}
Sleep, 100
Send, {>}
Sleep, 100
Send, {>}
Sleep, 100
Send, {Return}
Sleep, 100
Send, {N}
Sleep, 100[/code]

Hopefully some day this won’t be needed as we’ll have a proper way to go through grindy batch processes like those in-game.

To use this script first get AutoHotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/), install it, create a new autohotkey script in your DDA dir (or wherever) and copy/paste the code from above. Then double click the script file.

I’m not sure how legit is seen by this community using autohotkey. If for some reason you think this thread is inappropriate feel free to close it or delete it.

EDIT: Added sleeps at the end of each block. Particularly necessary for the meat one, as sometimes it failed to register the first actions of the next loop

There’s no problem using AHK to remove the tedium from tasks. We want a fun game, not a water boiling simulator.

Great. Any plans on streamlining that kind of task?

A repeat last action key would be pretty fantastic.

This, a dozen times this.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for this.

Oh, you’re too kind, my dear sir.

Also, modified the script a bit so it works better with the loops when creating cooked meat.

Hey, it’s a roguelike. Boiling water is fun. :smiley:

That said thanks for bumping this kenoxite, can’t believe I missed it. looks very useful-- and yeah, cooking one piece of meat at a time in a frying pan or pot seems a bit stupid to me, so cooking or boiling a batch of meat or water would be nice.

No problem.

Anyway, it seems that soon this script won’t be needed anymore. Check the latest commits to github :wink: