Autofire gunmod

–So, I can add an autofire mod to a revolver(wtf) but not to - for example - an AR-15 ? A flag should be added that determines what guns can be autofire-converted.

I wonder if the autofire mods could be placed in the “magazine” slot?

I gave a cursory look at the base game weapons and this should work.

you can always mod in an autofire mod to use on whatever gun you want using an available mod slot.

Can you specify which weapons can use it - like a whitelist? Or, do you mean make a new autofire mod that accepts rifles?

Make a new mod that uses lets say the mechanism slot and just make it be compatible with the type of gun ( or bow ) you want it to work with.

Yeah, I think I can try both your’s and BorkBorkGoesTheCode’s ideas and make the mod for rifles that have magazine as a valid mod location . Thanks.

Can I “copy-from” gunmods? I think I tried that and it didn’t work - so I guess I can’t mod a way to prevent revolvers from using an autofire mod? - that isn’t as important.

The game sorts guns by their ammunition and required skill; for example, the auto fire mechanism can be attached to guns that use the pistol skill and fire one of these bullet types: “.22 LR”, “9x19mm”, “.38 Special”, “.40”, “5.7x28mm”, “4.6x30”.

[quote=“crom, post:7, topic:12495”]Yeah, I think I can try both your’s and BorkBorkGoesTheCode’s ideas and make the mod for rifles that have magazine as a valid mod location . Thanks.

Can I “copy-from” gunmods? I think I tried that and it didn’t work - so I guess I can’t mod a way to prevent revolvers from using an autofire mod? - that isn’t as important.[/quote]
Make sure to limit the number of “magazine” mod locations to 1; the game cannot handle more without errors.

Thanks for the help. I made it work. If I used the “magazine” location, then some automatic weapons (including those that are viable belt fed weapons) would become valid weapons for auto-fire modification - which is not good. So, I created a “receiver” location and then added it to an override file on those weapons I thought should be candidates for auto-fire conversion - and bingo. I even added a shotgun version to the saiga-12 - wow!
Instead of including these gunmods to the itemgroups, I’m going to create recipes for them - to make them more difficult to acquire.