Questions on crossbows/ primitive ranged weapons and autofire mod

I had asked these questions on the general discussion thread and myself and others are not getting an answer to it so I am posting it here hopefully so that said question actually gets seen.
How does one accurize/reinforce a crossbow or crossbow like weapon? Basically me and multiple other people have tried literally every means of repair and reinforce that is currently in the game and none of them work (from resinous cord to welders to gunsmith kits).

This one is my personal question but what is the progress on getting the autofire mod working again?

Yeah we each asked at least twice in the past few days, and I have asked on there a while back and on reddit tips and tricks with no answer. I’d really like to know.

Don’t you use basic repair kits for items made of wood?

It repairs crossbows yes but it does not reinforce it for some reason.

Could it be a bug then?, maybe crossbows are missing some kind of flag or something.

Potentially that is kinda what this is for, to get confirmation or getting a general answer.

IIRC you can no longer reinforce primitive weapons.

BOOOO!
So ranged weapons that have the primitive ranged weapon tag are now hardcoded to no longer be reinforceable? Speaking of which what does that tag actually do besides that anyways?

:*(

Well it only means that weapons with the primitive ranged weapon flag cannot be accurized. While I have no idea what the tag actually does since reload and shoot and strength reload flags do those thing for the bow and crossbow respectively. 1 solution is to simply go into the Jsons and remove the flag although this would likely result in said weapons requiring a gunsmith kit to accurize.

I didn’t try to reinforce/accurize crossbows in game, but I have question. Why do you ever want to do this? Why do you need to reinforce ranged weapon - it isn’t intended to fight with it in direct contact with the enemy and therefore won’t be damaged in most cases?
Second, how do you plan to accurize primitive ranged weapons? They don’t have a barrel that could be accurized like the firearms.

You can accurize this https://imgur.com/LEYconW however XD. I vaguely remember now reading this when I first started playing, that primitive weapons got that removed. I guess it does make sense for weapons of that caliber, I didn’t necessarily think it was a bug, rather a question. Haven’t tried the pnuematic bolt driver yet, but there’s a mansion and a bug infestation that needs somes TLC. Also found a rivtech flamethrower with 2000 rounds of napalm loaded in it!

[quote=“Valiant, post:11, topic:14200”]I didn’t try to reinforce/accurize crossbows in game, but I have question. Why do you ever want to do this? Why do you need to reinforce ranged weapon - it isn’t intended to fight with it in direct contact with the enemy and therefore won’t be damaged in most cases?
Second, how do you plan to accurize primitive ranged weapons? They don’t have a barrel that could be accurized like the firearms.[/quote]
Acurrizing a firearm essentially gave a free -30 on the dispersion stat as well as +1 to ranged damage. Does it make sense on bows and crossbows sure it doesn’t but unfortunately for those weapons there are not many options to reduce dispersion by a lot.

I was hoping we could reinforce it rather than specifically accurize it, like you can in some way with just about every other item in the game(except jewelry I haven’t been able to for some reason either, like holy symbols and collar pins). No big deal that we can’t, really. I’ve been wanting to try something besides the crossbow and reflex recurve bow anyways, since I always seem to use one of those two. The pneumatic bolt rifle is pretty badass so far, and it can be made ++ with a firearm kit, so am gonna run with it for a while.

Yeah and since crossbows were changed to use the rifle skill rather than archery the bolt driver minus it not having an underbarrel slot is essentially a better crossbow.

I don’t see why a crossbow couldn’t be accurized. You could adjust the string, add a serving(the resinous cord) , fine tune the trigger, reshape the flight channel, reinforce or reshape the limbs.

Bows are a bit harder but I could see adding a serving, adjusting the string, reshaping the limbs and adding or reshaping the string notches

Okay so now we know why we can’t fix crossbows now I want to know what is the current progress of any of fixing the auto fire mechanism mod.

As a side note for thekobold I am surprised the vanilla game doesn’t have compound crossbows and the like similar to how there are compound bows that can only be found.