Aspirin is good for you!

I recall from the Alt.Suicide.Holiday FAQ that that is quite a painful way to go.[/quote]More painful than a shiv?[/quote]

alt.suicide.holiday - Methods dunno. Read for yourself.

I recall from the Alt.Suicide.Holiday FAQ that that is quite a painful way to go.[/quote]More painful than a shiv?[/quote]

alt.suicide.holiday - Methods dunno. Read for yourself.[/quote]Just from the name of that link I’m not sure I want to…

alt.suicide.holiday - Methods dunno. Read for yourself.[/quote]
Uh, why would you even know about such a site(s)?

alt.suicide.holiday - Methods dunno. Read for yourself.[/quote]
Uh, why would you even know about such a site(s)?[/quote]
Long story. And due to some alcohol involved I don’t remember it fully. I think it was because of a friend of mine who had a girlfriend/ex who was active on the alt.suicide.holiday newsgroup. We did spend some time reading the FAQ while boozing it up.

Well, I’m not a pro in suicides, but, as far as I know, the easiest and most painless way to die is to cut the carotid artery.
Take very sharp knife, cut the carotid artery, and less than a minute you will lose consciousness, and than you’ll die.
And this is the most reliable way - no one can save you.

You’re welcome! Do not thank!

Pluck hairs from your nostrils?

[quote=“Fenix-Ф, post:25, topic:5470”]Well, I’m not a pro in suicides, but, as far as I know, the easiest and most painless way to die is to cut the carotid artery.
Take very sharp knife, cut the carotid artery, and less than a minute you will lose consciousness, and than you’ll die.[/quote]

“Less than a minute” of bleeding profusely from the neck is not easy or painless.

The simplest and most pain free euthenasia method is inert gas asphyxiation. Doesn’t cause panic as do asphyxiation methods that fill your blood with carbon dioxide. Sidenote, I don’t condone voluntary euthenasia except for the terminally ill.

How the hell… did we drift from ludicrous amounts of aspirin cleansing you of your in-game afflictions to discussing (in)efficient ways of killing oneself…?

It’s an internet forum.

Unless I screwed up my calculations, 1 kilo of asprin would be extremely likely to kill you.

500mg/kg of body weight is enough to be lethal.

Easy and almost painless, as if you’re cut your finger. And this is 100% guaranteed death, whereas your mumbo-jumbo with inertial gas leaves open the possibility that someone can save you.

But honestly - I would recommend to live.
Even when all the really bad, live better than not to live.

It remains only to calculate how much volume takes one kilogram of aspirin.

[quote=“Fenix-Ф, post:31, topic:5470”]But honestly - I would recommend to live.
Even when all the really bad, live better than not to live.[/quote]Yeah, if things get really bad you could always just fake your own death, hire a back alley plastic surgeon to alter your appearance, hitchhike a long way from your home, strip naked, burn your clothes, and lay down on the shoulder of the road, then when a good samaritan finds you, pretend you’ve lost your memory and don’t even know who you are.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:32, topic:5470”][quote=“Fenix-Ф, post:31, topic:5470”]But honestly - I would recommend to live.
Even when all the really bad, live better than not to live.[/quote]Yeah, if things get really bad you could always just fake your own death, hire a back alley plastic surgeon to alter your appearance, hitchhike a long way from your home, strip naked, burn your clothes, and lay down on the shoulder of the road, then when a good samaritan finds you, pretend you’ve lost your memory and don’t even know who you are.[/quote]
Oh yeah, done that myself a few times, works like a charm just make sure to get rid of everything(and everyone) to do with your old life first.

This is actually… creepy. Specially the suicides link. Why there are even those pages anyways? They should be erased. Even if i am tempted to know, i won’t read something that maybe, with the strings of life flowing as they do, i would end up using if i get fucked up enough.

Could we get on topic again?
Also, this should be on suggestions, maybe. To make sure they kill you.

Easy and almost painless, as if you’re cut your finger. And this is 100% guaranteed death, whereas your mumbo-jumbo with inertial gas leaves open the possibility that someone can save you.[/quote]

You haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. There is no such thing as a 100% guarantee. Most people aren’t skilled with either a knife or with human anatomy. The body also has reflex responses to this kind of injury that are anything but easy or painless.

Inert gas asphyxiation is quite the opposite of mumbo jumbo, it’s scientifically the most peaceful and dependable method of euthanasia. Read The Peaceful Pill, or really, spend five minutes looking on the internet.

Unless I screwed up my calculations, 1 kilo of asprin would be extremely likely to kill you.

500mg/kg of body weight is enough to be lethal.[/quote]

That figure didn’t really mean anything. Aspirin is actually virtually weightless in the game, so I have no idea how many pills you’d need to swallow to take a kilo of it. But obviously in real life it’d be more or less impossible to take a kilo of aspirin.

I still think being found naked by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere is the better plan.

No, it’s you who “haven’t clue”. There is a 100% guarantee - definitely in that case.
And you need a lot of skills in knife and anatomy - to drop a line with a knife on the right side of the neck, yeah. At least one must be a surgeon to be able to do it looooooooool.

It is there because if people are convinced they want to end their life it is best for them to do it as painless as possible with is high as much success as possible. The ASH newsgroup was a place for people who were depressed (or wanted suicide as an option ‘out’ so to speak, just like Hunter S. Thompson).

The newsgroup has helped a few people not end their lives. The whole methods FAQ is just an historical artefact of the newsgroup. It can be pretty comforting for people to know they are not alone in their problems. Might want to think about that before you start saying pages should be erased.

If you are afraid you might be a suicide risk in the future, perhaps it is best to do something about it now already. Or just make peace with it, and prepare as best as you can. (I’m not saying people should commit suicide, and I think if you feel like it you should get help. But help can come in quite a few different ways, censorship is not the answer).

But this isn’t really the place for discussions like this. Lets get back to the topic all-right? Should asprins overdose be dangerous in cataclysm? Imho, not really worth the effort atm.

Should asprins overdose be dangerous in cataclysm?

It should. Something about stronger bleeding, and stomach bleeding in case you pick trait like Weak Stomach.

[quote=“Fenix-Ф, post:39, topic:5470”]

Should asprins overdose be dangerous in cataclysm?

It should. Something about stronger bleeding, and stomach bleeding in case you pick trait like Weak Stomach.[/quote]

Again, if you are going to go of realism, id say you would need to take many large handfuls of the things to have a serious effect.

For some heart/blood conditions it is actually a very smart idea to take one or 2 a day to thin your blood out a bit.