Artyom's Gun Emporium (Update 2 Hotfix 1) Holy shit

The mod worked for me when I removed all the recoil values in art_weapons.json. Don’t worry about that breaking something, recoil in files like that shouldn’t do anything. If that still makes you nervous, just change any negative recoil values to positive.

If none of those work that I’m not sure how else to help. I’m on 0.C-18900-g0fcecd9

Wouldn’t not having a recoil field mean that all the guns have the same recoil, or to coin it in the new dev-lingo, the same handling?

Recoil was redesigned: Now gun recoil is affected by gun weight, cartridge recoil, and handling.

I might just end up patching this myself, to be honest. Can’t play without it, but want to update to a newer experimental. If we don’t hear anything from Arty by next week, I’ll take a look.

Correction, getting it to run against the latest version was actually easier than anticipated. You can download it from here= http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ts2rlpzx2mmza6/Artyoms%27_Gun_Emporium_Profugo_Fix.zip

Tested against version 5744.

Changes:

Mod loads. Tested guns loading, firing, and using secondaries (In my case, grunt’s 40mm launchers). If anything completely crashes, lemme know, but it should be good.
Slight description text adjustments. Lugers are now “Luger” not “Lugar”, and other incidental spelling adjustments along the same vein.
Mod will now properly appear in the “items addition” tab instead of "Uncategorized. For those of you who like to keep things neat and together.

Not a change, but the new accuracy formula, holy shit. I can accurately hit with my Mosin out to the full 30 tiles range now. That’s amazing. You can now properly deal with things like a Moose with only a bolt action rifle, if your feeling confident. Dunno how the new recoil formula handles absurd things like the Obrez though.

I guess this is a stupid question, but if someone could indulge me - When a mod updates, do you have to manually update it, or if you’re running the game from the launcher, will it be an automatic thing?

Thanks.

EDIT: Any way to add this to my pre-existing world? At the very least, can I keep my survivor but regenerate the current world he’s in to add the extra guns?

You don’t have to regenerate. You can add the mod’s name to the mod.json file in your world folder in most cases. It won’t add content to pregenerated sections, but if you enter an unexplored part of the world the content will be placed there.

Broken as of the latest builds.

Build 5674, loaded world with the fixed Gun Emporium, no errors, able to shoot and reload emporium weapons without fail.

What is the exact error you are getting, and what mods are you loading alongside it? Did you download the fixed version in my previous posts, or the one on the main page?

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I updated Artyom’s mod to reflect the changes (ammolinks) in the current experimentals:

Sincerely

Leon

1 Like

[quote=“leon713, post:494, topic:10035”]Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I updated Artyom’s mod to reflect the changes (ammolinks) in the current experimentals:

Sincerely

Leon[/quote]

Thanks for the fix, ever since a few days ago when this error popped up, I was unsure what exactly was causing it.

Is Artyom177 still contributing?

Does the AK-104 have a three-round burst in this mod?

AK 104 has an 8 round burst

can I ask how you fixed it? what did you do to the ammolink entries?

data/json/items/generic/ammolink.json has examples of working ammolinks.

Sorry for the necro - but does anybody happen to know the last version of the game this mod was compatible with? Thanks in advance

someone posted an updated version on some of the recent posts that should make it compatible with most recent, unless something was changed, but it works good enough when i tried it. no errors.

I get an error when using latest experimental, will be an update for this mod in a future?

Did you use the version in the main post, or the version Leon713 posted a few months ago? Cuz the main thread has been broken for a while.