Arrow Shafts Unusuable as Ammo

Are the arrow shafts and arrows without fletching supposed to be unusable as ammo?
because this makes the self bow as a starter weapon completely useless as by the time I can make usable arrows I can already make the better short bow
not to mention the only way I can increase archery till I can make fletched arrows is by using a slingshot

Version a9b39e1

Working as intended, those are crafting ingredients, not functional weapons.
The self bow being useless isn’t a problem, just don’t use it.

If you give me a knife and a stick, I’m fairly positive I could shoot said stick with my bow.

It’ll be as accurate as you expect a flying stick to be, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be easily done.

yea i agree, atleast let us craft crude arrows that we can use with the crude self bow

Tell that to all the people who reported “arrows without fletchings are useless” as a bug.
Supporting that pointless but feasible action isn’t worth the confusion it causes.
I’m tempted to just nuke the self bow for the same reason.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:5, topic:8314”]Tell that to all the people who reported “arrows without fletchings are useless” as a bug.
Supporting that pointless but feasible action isn’t worth the confusion it causes.
I’m tempted to just nuke the self bow for the same reason.[/quote]
… they really did that?

you’re shooting a pointed stick wildly using a bow that looks (and works) like a tree limb held together with twine. Yeah, it’ll probably work, but if you’re trying to hunt anything bigger than small game, you’re an idiot.