Aquatic Z-levels?

There seems to be no distinction in height between things that are underwater and things that are swimming on the surface of the water. I don’t know why but my boats are getting randomly damaged and I think that I’m either crashing into things that are swimming “underneath” me or they’re temporarily able to hit it while I’m directly above them.

Should rivers, lakes, etc, gain a z level underneath their deep water tiles whose spaces are treated as “flooded” or a pure space of water? Which would require an oxygen source or gills to safely traverse in or the amount of time you have left in your character’s breath?

Would also be neat if there were several underwater z levels in order to simulate drops in underwater depths. It could add an interesting layer of underwater exploration and would allow more water-centric threats/options of progression. Perhaps even be a source of scrap, plastic, and even wood or salvageable machines that have sunken to the depths due to people pre-cataclysm carelessly dumping things in the river. Imagine building an underwater bases or labs you can only realistically reach with a divers suit or submarine that have a chance of being failed and flood or still functional and able to be traversed in normal gear once you take off your swim gear.

1 Like

that opening isnt promising

Indeed, but I can’t imagine a thing like this being a quick implement. If it will become a thing then I’m willing to wait however long it takes.

there are a couple devs who have expressed interest in doing the code part IFF people come up with the JSON content.

Sooo… Monsters, underwater locations, things of that nature? Anything that might not be too obvious to the average shmuck?

1 Like

Large underwater trenches, water proof/sealed bases, submarines. Sinking vehicles. Etc

I do hope this is in the works!

Would be interesting. Maybe they can add fishmen and underwater temples to Dagon as well xD

3 Likes

Good ole Dagon, best friend to aquatic life and his disposable followers. Only drawback is the raw fish smell.

1 Like

If you “play ball” long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will “play ball” back into you.

By Goober Snitersmitter

I cannot think of the deep sea without shuddering at the nameless things that may at this very moment be crawling and floundering on its slimy bed, worshipping their ancient stone idols and carving their own detestable likenesses on submarine obelisks of water-soaked granite. I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind-- of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

3 Likes