Anything cool to do with logs?

I had to chop down a few trees and now i have 400+ logs and I already have 2 houses and a metric ton of charcoal

Anyone have something fun to do with loads of logs? thanks in advance

I think you “nailed” it

Burn them in a fire. burn them in a kiln. Make log and sod walls. cut them into two by fours. Make ballista bolts (blazemod).

You could use your logs to build a palisade wall around your base, making it more secure. That’s not really needed, but a nice addition. Or you could cut your logs into two-by-fours, which are useful for crafting.

Near-infinite fire source with just one log and relighting it every time you need fire.

Bokken.

Cyborg character: Eat them.

Another suggestion: arrange your logs in such a way that they spell out something cool or make up an image, then set them all on fire. Bonus points if you pretend to be Tyrolean while doing so.

set the whole forest on fire at once in a glorious blaze, oh wait, this isn’t don’t starve.

i have wished that was more realistic to do in cata though, damn weather always seems to put it out.

It’s great for a snack, and fits on your back.
It’s log, log, log.

DISCLAIMER You cannot eat logs in this game (yet).

Not even with Internal Furnace?

[quote=“TooDAMNMuch, post:9, topic:13899”]set the whole forest on fire at once in a glorious blaze, oh wait, this isn’t don’t starve.

i have wished that was more realistic to do in cata though, damn weather always seems to put it out.[/quote]

I still do that anyway, especially if there are fungal things around somewhere.

OMG how could I forget…

It even fits on your back. Well, somewhat…

OMG how could I forget…

It even fits on your back. Well, somewhat…[/quote]

damn me and my always picking industrial cyborg to have complete welding tools instead…
at least i’ve been nice and lucky with joint torsion wrench CBM early on lately.

It’s in one of the weapons mods, I recall… you can make harpoons or ballista from logs.

First thing that came to mind… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mNr5WMjA

More than 4 hours of light if this gets merged.

I’m pretty sure we are in feature freeze right now (I don’t see any official info on that, though) so it will probably have to wait for 0.D.

No, we aren’t. http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14746.msg302417#msg302417

Check the status thread, if it doesn’t say we’re in feature freeze, we’re not, that’s the reason it’s there.[/quote]