Ants, the meal of the future!

Ever tire of hunting down hose random relatively harmless mutated o stock animals to sate your need for meat? Look no further than your nearest ant control center! Situated on the border of ant hives, we’re positively anticipating survivors by the dozens to trade for barrels of meat at low, beyond warehouse discounts!

No Please. Come buy some meat, bring storage batteries. Bring solar panels. Bring anything. THERE ARE TOO MANY ANTS!

https://i.gyazo.com/76573a754b708fa575975d48e7050e13.jpg

Well that’s a bug.

Get it?

That’s what happens when you spend time near a creature that can spawn creatures… you’ve got PK’s mod, so that makes it worse, but even in vanilla, hang out near an ant queen, and you’ll be overrun with soldier ants in short order.

Funny, though - nice picture! :slight_smile:

It started out as one young ant queen next to a hospital I wanted to explore. I did not know what I was unleashing.

Now I’m dedicated to finding a way to annihilate them all. Perhaps flamethrowers or toxic gas will do the trick, because shooting them might as well be taking buckets out of the ocean during an arctic heatwave.

Well howdy there, pilgrim! Got a mighty fine ant harvesting operation here, but it looks like you’ve got more ants than a family reunion! Have you considered doing a bit of automating to help process all those fine ant-cattle? I hear that the latest in motorized blades has an absurdly long run life, and if you use a noise maker mated to a plutonium cell array, you can draw those buggers in for days! 'Course, you still then have to harvest the meat, but it’ll save you a ton of time and money compared to the alternative.

(I can’t vouch for PKMod, since I’ve never used it, but in vanilla, Blade Trap + Atomic Mod Noisemaker = Ant Blender. Then while they’re getting blended, use your favored method of takedown to get rid of the queens [and possibly those flying ants?]. Mind, with that many, it may be worth setting up multiple blade traps for faster blending)

Hah, this reminds me of the old bug where if you shot a Fungal Beast with vehicle turrets, EACH BULLET would duplicate the fungal instead of killing it. I accidentally discovered this when I was driving around in my LAND RAIDER CRUSADER… Which had somewhere around 16~ turrets all on automatic. It had 12 9mm-Quad Turrets, split as 6 in sponsons on each side of the hull. So easily “Almost but nto quite enough dakka”

Needless to say, 12 seconds later the fungals formed a mountain that reached into space.

[quote=“Szara, post:4, topic:13409”]It started out as one young ant queen next to a hospital I wanted to explore. I did not know what I was unleashing.

Now I’m dedicated to finding a way to annihilate them all. Perhaps flamethrowers or toxic gas will do the trick, because shooting them might as well be taking buckets out of the ocean during an arctic heatwave.[/quote]

That vehicle you have in the picture should be good for taking about 95%+ of them - drive away, repair it fully, add an extra layer across the front (ablative armor), add spikes to that…

Squish.

I think the correct choice for this operation is Zui Quan. You don’t have Zui Quan? Why don’t you have Zui Quan? It’s the best MA.

But seriously: retreat, find a missile silo, and nuke the site from orbit.

Ah I’m partial to doing the job by hand myself - and by hand I mean with a broadsword and fencing style.

Just dive in and watch as your character counterattacks one ant after another, and it doesn’t stop because the counterattack keeps getting activated before the first one ends. It just keeps going until you create an opening or collapse.

I am the blade trap.

All you need to do is find a missle silo and nuke the place.