Amigara horror abuse (spoilers, I guess?)

So, the amigara horror wall… killing them is just stupid easy for me at this point, but killing them quickly enough for the special reward is kind of a pain, due to the stunning thing.

Having been next to the wall when they appear, I’m pretty sure that the won’t spawn on top of you… what would happen if I built stone wall all along the “special” wall except for one or 2 spaces? Maybe if I made it several tiles thick? Anybody tried this particular exploit? Don’t really want to waste time on it if it’s been done…

You can always try with wood.

Wood would take more time, actually, since I can just jackhammer the walls for stone and not have to carry it all down…

but I decided to do something I never do - I copied my game and just plain cheated it. I wished for a bunch of rock and made 1 layer of stone wall all the way across except for one space… and sure enough, that’s all it takes. Only one horror ever spawns (in exactly that one space), kill it, get an artifact. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Not sure I really want to abuse it this way in my primary game, but man, having an artifact generator sure is nice…

[quote=“deoxy, post:3, topic:9555”]Wood would take more time, actually, since I can just jackhammer the walls for stone and not have to carry it all down…

but I decided to do something I never do - I copied my game and just plain cheated it. I wished for a bunch of rock and made 1 layer of stone wall all the way across except for one space… and sure enough, that’s all it takes. Only one horror ever spawns (in exactly that one space), kill it, get an artifact. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Not sure I really want to abuse it this way in my primary game, but man, having an artifact generator sure is nice…[/quote]
Unless NPCs learn how to use them and they are down there.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commit/447b452aa04937b3a29b0d0e3ffa657fbe98352c
As of the latest experimentals, this is no longer doable :frowning: . I’m not sure why they removed it, since most artifacts are terrible anyway, and it was something to keep my high level characters occupied without inflating the save files.