Aluminumfoil's Guide to Clearcutting [0.9]

So suppose you’re driving along and you encounter a forest. What are you going to do? Drive around it? What are you, some kind of TREE HUGGING HIPPIE?

HELL NO. This is AMERICA. That forest has got to go.

1: find yourself a vehicle with lots of power, durability, and mass. A semi truck will do nicely. The bigger the better. You can find functional semi trucks on most bridges, all they need is gas.
2: buckle up. This is going to be a bouncy ride.
3: Drive up to the forest. Go ahead and hit it at forty miles an hour or so to get started.
4: Now, turn on cruise control and throttle up all the way.
5: Hold the diagonal acceleration key. Your vehicle will tear up trees and bushes and carve a beautiful path through that unseemly forest. If you get stuck, or need to turn around, hold one of the other three diagonal acceleration keys. If this doesn’t work, you may need more driving skill, or a more powerful engine.
6: Abandon your vehicle once it has done its job. Let it stand for all eternity as a monument to the triumph of man over nature. Also, it’ll be completely wrecked and not worth the time to salvage.

Notes:
This burns through fuel FAST. If you’re using a semi, you might want to bring a few fuel cans and leave them somewhere safe so you can walk over and get them.
No explosives in the car. Electric engines are good. If you’re using a gasoline engine, you might want to wear all your armor, just in case.
If you’re doing this in a car you can’t afford to have damaged, don’t. Go find yourself something you can throw away.

I am in full support of this thread.

We don’t need no tree-sympathizers ‘round here. Them damn trees are nothin’ but a hindrance to DEMOCRACY, PROGRESS, and most importantly, ZOMBIE KILLIN’!

'MERICA!

MURICAAAAAAA.

Now to just eat my hamburgers and drink my grape drink.

Since the last post was off topic: Nighthawk, your avatar poking up from the bottom of my screen, just the top, made me think I saw The Darkling Wolf.

Back on topic, the first line made me think I was about to find a way to clear a path for my car, not with a car. Not that your method isn’t good, I just want a way where if I’m riding in the middle of nowhere I don’t have to turn around and drive back. Maybe camp for a couple of days clearing a path then drive on.

This thread is delightfully dwarven.

Your efficient clearcutting skills please Armok.

PRAISE ARMOK! TREES FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Oh no I hardcore though a forest at eighty and no one believes me, this guy does it at forty and it’s brilliance. XD

Oh well, can’t win em all, nice wording XD

I’m pretty sure it’s all in the timing ; )

Yes, but this method can be done without spending an ingame year building a land barge that needs another ingame week to repair afterwards, which is nice. The RMCC is a thing of beauty, but not everyone is obsessive dedicated enough to build one.

Threshold for making this work in a semi truck seems to be about a 120mph top speed, which you can get with a 6.8L V8. My game crashed so I had to start over, and it doesn’t work with just a wimpy little 5.something.

[quote=“Aluminumfoil, post:8, topic:3932”]Yes, but this method can be done without spending an ingame year building a land barge that needs another ingame week to repair afterwards, which is nice. The RMCC is a thing of beauty, but not everyone is obsessive dedicated enough to build one.

Threshold for making this work in a semi truck seems to be about a 120mph top speed, which you can get with a 6.8L V8. My game crashed so I had to start over, and it doesn’t work with just a wimpy little 5.something.[/quote]

If I ever find a job you’ll know, you’ll probably never see another build of the RMCC XD (Hell till I get a new PC I can guarantee you won’t.) Still, it’s doable with a little hard-plating on the front of whatever you want to use.

shopping cart with a V8… Tree 1 @ 0

i believe driving skill affects car damage. if this is true, id get a few levels of driving before doing this.

False, the only things that affect damage is mass, speed, and a few other physical factors. Driving skill has nothing to do with it.