All basements' stairs infested with spiders, and cant descend

Ever since i was mobbed in one basement by black widows, and they followed me up the stairs, every other time i try to descend stairs in a house there are spiders on the stairs. They block my way and i cant go down. This has happened for at least 6 houses after that first one.

Seems like 1) an infestation that covers a large underground area and thus every house i go into or 2) a bug in da code.

This is on release 2383.

Stairs have had problems before, so 1 may be the case but 2 is far more likely. Thanks for reporting.

Little update-- Ever since the first encounter, ANY time i hit < or >, it gives the same message about spiders on the stairs. Even if im not on stairs.

Would some combination of changing keys locally/globally and/or quitting the game do anything? Been trying but nothing changes.

All these basements…

[quote=“zombiefood, post:4, topic:8068”]Would some combination of changing keys locally/globally and/or quitting the game do anything? Been trying but nothing changes.

All these basements…[/quote]

Messing with your keybindings shouldn’t do anything to cause this sort of thing, no. :frowning: