Airfields

I think an incredibly awesome and lore friendly “area” would be airfields, complete with abandoned/non-functional aircraft.

They could be a source of parts/tools for vehicle construction and maintenance, and maybe an abandoned airplane could be useful for a home.

Ohh! Gutting a plane and living in it would be awesome.

Living inside a non-functional C-5 Galaxy’s cargo bay would be the bomb. And kinda off topic, but if we ever get something along the lines of an ocean, we could have grounded battleships or aircraft carriers as homes as well.

Why not put wheels on your battleship or carrier and make it go on land instead?

Because you’d literately need a nuclear reactor to move it lol.

Give someone time. They’ll build one.

Because you’d literately need a nuclear reactor to move it lol.[/quote]

We have nuclear reactors we put in our cars.

Besides, I don’t see why anyone would to the trouble of doing that, all they need to do is add a hell of a lot of foot cranks to the ship and it’ll start moving like the road runner.

Add land sails!

Yarr! I’ve cum for yer booties!

Also you would need several giga tons strong substance in order to keep the weight of the boat from crushing the wheels.

Back on topic.
This might be a good idea, but it needs to be properly infested with tourist zombies as well as fleeing locals trying to get away from the infection.

[quote=“Otaku, post:8, topic:2169”]Also you would need several giga tons strong substance in order to keep the weight of the boat from crushing the wheels.

Back on topic.
This might be a good idea, but it needs to be properly infested with tourist zombies as well as fleeing locals trying to get away from the infection.[/quote]

OMG. Crashed ferryboats spawned along river edges…

Shiiiiiiitttt , this is so dangerously close to my idea of flying survivor fortress. Like walkin’ down the road and surprise , an airfield with an abandoned AC-130.

We must have cliché game characters who all can drive cars , drive helicopters , drive planes and operate carriers.

And give the little ac-130 some electric engines with solar panels , nuclear engines and everything else and you will have a enviromentaly friendly flying fortress of doom with enough fuel to stay in the air for 20 years.

“Costa Concordia Ahoy! Braaaaaaainzzz…”

Shit, this airplane home idea sounds awesome…

Because you’d literately need a nuclear reactor to move it lol.[/quote]

We have nuclear reactors we put in our cars.

Besides, I don’t see why anyone would to the trouble of doing that, all they need to do is add a hell of a lot of foot cranks to the ship and it’ll start moving like the road runner.[/quote]

This gave me one of the most legitimate laughs I’ve had in a while.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:10, topic:2169”]Shiiiiiiitttt , this is so dangerously close to my idea of flying survivor fortress. Like walkin’ down the road and surprise , an airfield with an abandoned AC-130.

We must have cliché game characters who all can drive cars , drive helicopters , drive planes and operate carriers.

And give the little ac-130 some electric engines with solar panels , nuclear engines and everything else and you will have a enviromentaly friendly flying fortress of doom with enough fuel to stay in the air for 20 years.[/quote]
Or until you need to land for food or water. Landing one of those could be quite interesting.

Landing a plane is easy , i have experience with games like gta and it’s not that hard. :smiley:

Food is not a problem , if you have other survivors with you. Water is also not a problem , just purify your urine.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:14, topic:2169”]Landing a plane is easy , i have experience with games like gta and it’s not that hard. :smiley:

Food is not a problem , if you have other survivors with you. Water is also not a problem , just purify your urine.[/quote]
I said something similar about bowling and wii bowling. Conclusion: I was wrong, videogames don’t give you IRL experience points.
And I don’t think the devs want to add bowl (spelling?) movements into the game, too much hassle w/o much gameplay.

[quote=“Otaku, post:15, topic:2169”][quote=“woflsipder, post:14, topic:2169”]Landing a plane is easy , i have experience with games like gta and it’s not that hard. :smiley:

Food is not a problem , if you have other survivors with you. Water is also not a problem , just purify your urine.[/quote]
I said something similar about bowling and wii bowling. Conclusion: I was wrong, videogames don’t give you IRL experience points.
And I don’t think the devs want to add bowl (spelling?) movements into the game, too much hassle w/o much gameplay.[/quote]
I kind of get the idea that if you can land a plane in a video game , that doesn’t mean you can land a plane irl.
And the idea of flying fortress is just not a thing we cannot add , we need flying fortress and it needs us.