Adding Hay Loft to Farm Barns

I was pulling down Hay earlier and realized that If I pulled the ladder up with me and blocked the entrance with a couple bales, that this would be a pretty decent place to spend the night if SHTF. Now in my case, the hay loft doesn’t really look like one due to it being built above a 10x10 kennel used to raise chicks , etc. BUT, it would still be an effective hideout from zombies. too high for them to reach and enough room to make into a base.

thinking about the in game size of a barn, the hay loft would be about the size of one half of the ground floor of the barn.

Sure, the problem is that we havent got the z levels for it.

Out of my mind, bell towers would also make pretty decent hideouts as well

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:2, topic:9124”]Sure, the problem is that we havent got the z levels for it.

Out of my mind, bell towers would also make pretty decent hideouts as well[/quote]

Yeah, bell towers would be a good addition. Apartments & offices would obviously go vertical as well, maybe attics and such for houses.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:2, topic:9124”]Sure, the problem is that we havent got the z levels for it.

Out of my mind, bell towers would also make pretty decent hideouts as well[/quote]

And if you ever want a FUN way to end your character, just hit the bell with a sledgehammer… :wink: Be like ringing the dinner bell

You can ring a church bell already i think-.

There are church bell consoles at churches that ring church bells.

well… ya learn something new every day…

Been there. Did that. I had 6 full large quivers of wooden bolts and my new Pnuematic Bolt Driver. Wanted to level up my marksman and rifles. Worked quite well ;).

On a note of the Z levels going up. I just want to see what happens when they collapse ;). I tend to end up knocking down at least 2-3 buildings in a small town, for the nails and rocks.