Add ships and Ports

Hello I am new here so dont judge me if its stupid
Adding merchant ships and cruise ships and a yachts would be a good place for a base also.
this ships need to be repaired with spare parts and they need to be maintained and their fuel can be
IFO( A blend of gasoil and heavy fuel oil) .
Sorry for bad english

There are currently small sea-faring vehicles, namely an inflatable boat and a canoe, nothing specifically powered yet but as i understand it you can add something to regular vehicles to make them sea-worthy. At least one large island has recently been added as a new map though, so it might be worth thinking about it if you can dive into the JSON and see if you can add them, maybe.

It’s worth mentioning that in the fluff the Old Guard are claiming they have several old Cruisers out in the sea that are currently secure. It’s also worth noting that this is a claim of one man, this does not necessarily make it true.

Your English is very much fine, no need tobe sorry matey. :slight_smile:

Oh alright thank you

You’re Welcome!

Here are some files you might want to check out if you’re interested in creating vehicles:

&

I’d check out specifically the amphibious truck. This was only mainlined very recently, it seems (11 days ago).

Err sorry Coding language is not my language

Vehicle designs are done in JSON, which is a text format. It looks a little weird at first, but it isn’t that hard.

See the Guide to adding new content for 1st time contributors if you’d like to know more.

3 Likes

It’s not code, it’s just text based, basically. If you read the documents and ask any questions when you are confused you should be fine. A general rule of thumb is that if you can play Catacylsm:DDA you can manage to make things through JSON. the levels of complexity are similar.

It’s very unlikely people will implement your ideas for you. Ideas are a ‘dime a dozen.’

1 Like

well they dont have to because its open source game

thank you I will look into it

I could try adding more boats.

You can check out the gasoline-powered single-engine motor boat I added recently:

{
    "type": "vehicle",
    "id": "boat_motor_single",
    "name": "motor boat",
    "blueprint": [
      [ "|--\\" ],
      [ "|==O>" ],
      [ "|--/ " ]
    ],
    "parts": [
      { "x": 0, "y": 0, "parts": [ "frame_vertical", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      { "x": 1, "y": 0, "parts": [ "frame_horizontal", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      { "x": 2, "y": 0, "parts": [ "frame_horizontal", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      { "x": 3, "y": 0, "parts": [ "frame_sw", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      {
        "x": 0,
        "y": 1,
        "parts": [ "frame_vertical", "metal_boat_hull", "engine_1cyl_large", "alternator_bicycle", "battery_motorbike" ]
      },
      { "x": 1, "y": 1, "parts": [ "frame_cross", "metal_boat_hull", "trunk" ] },
      { "x": 2, "y": 1, "parts": [ "frame_cross", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      { "x": 2, "y": 1, "part": "tank", "fuel": "gasoline" },
      { "x": 3, "y": 1, "parts": [ "frame_cross", "metal_boat_hull", "seat", "seatbelt", "controls", "dashboard" ] },
      { "x": 4, "y": 1, "parts": [ "frame_horizontal", "metal_boat_hull", "windshield" ] },
      { "x": 0, "y": 2, "parts": [ "frame_vertical", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      { "x": 1, "y": 2, "parts": [ "frame_horizontal", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      { "x": 2, "y": 2, "parts": [ "frame_horizontal", "metal_boat_hull" ] },
      { "x": 3, "y": 2, "parts": [ "frame_ne", "metal_boat_hull" ] }
    ]
}

Anyone thought of adding in oil tankers, cruise ships and transport vessels that run aground near very large rivers?

Could makem like a house on a body of water. Half under water etc. Flares, flare pistols, special uniforms in white or navy blue caps etc. special zombies; water bloated for example. Rare passenger cargo like from Hitman or other random crap in a cargo hauler.

Lotsa crap on ships.

I think once z-levels are more flesh out submersible Vehicles would be cool.
Along side sunken military subs or under water research facilities for exploring.

Imagen escaping from an under water lab in which opening a door could mean flooding out the whole complex to a early watery grave.

Shortly before my hiatus, I was working on an experimental scenario where I stripped down a Luxury RV, an atomic tank and a DUKW to see what kind of floating deathmobile I could get out of them. It was actually pretty awesome as I remember it, though I was a little annoyed how the 120mm gun couldn’t bring down bridges.

(But an RDX charge can. So can a pickaxe if you’re patient, so can mapeditor if you’re not.)

I should try something like that again.

Donkey Unceremoniously Kicking Watermelons?

As for my own vessel, I almost see it as having been a cross between a civilian houseboat and a WWII-style Russian river gunboat (which themselves were little more than water-going tanks, in fact they even called them “Rechnyye Tanki”, River Tanks).