More vehicle detail's

Hey guys im not sure if this has been posted before as I don’t check the forums often. I was thinking it would be fun making vehicles have more details such as crankshafts, camshafts, more detailed brakes like calipers, pads, rotors and all the different fluids and hydraulic parts of a vehicle. Really just adding more stuff in general to vehicles which in turn could make them harder to make into mobile bases and op things.

I have no ability to code or even know how it works so this may not be possible with the way the game is programmed right now. But maybe if the code was made to support things like that it could be fun to add things like that.

Any who just idea and im wondering how many other people support this idea or have suggestions. Also anybody who knows the game code im curious if this is possible so please leave a reply.

and this is my first time posting so let me know if I did anything wrong.

From what I am getting at is a more complex vehicle system? If so that would be hard to implement. If you just want to add more items to install then it is doable through mods.

This would require someone to explain in game terms what would change and how.

No sense in adding a complex system that only means more keypresses.

Yes a more complex system is basically what I mean but not just things that don’t do anything. I would like the parts to be things that are needed for vehicles to work. Again if somebody knows the code of the game then leave a reply. I would love to know if its even possible.

I believe Bonemeal556 refers to is adding more things a vehicle needs as to not simply build a mobile base (suspension system,main computer, waste ejection, motor cooling system, etc.)

In general, yes we can “un-bundle” vehicle components as it makes sense, and over time we do that when it’s going to add something.
For example, gasoline engines used to have a built-in alternator always, they’d just generate some electricity, but then people wanted to make generators out of them by hooking up multiple alternators and larger alternators to a single engine, so we split out the alternator functionality.
At some point I expect to break out a “transmission” part from the engine to make installing multiple engines a bit more involved and flexible, no idea when I’m going to get to it though.

Exactly what I mean

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:6, topic:10773”]In general, yes we can “un-bundle” vehicle components as it makes sense, and over time we do that when it’s going to add something.
For example, gasoline engines used to have a built-in alternator always, they’d just generate some electricity, but then people wanted to make generators out of them by hooking up multiple alternators and larger alternators to a single engine, so we split out the alternator functionality.
At some point I expect to break out a “transmission” part from the engine to make installing multiple engines a bit more involved and flexible, no idea when I’m going to get to it though.[/quote]

Sounds like it can be done and will await the day when you do get time to do it. :slight_smile: