Add a "Randomize World" option to Create a World section

Similar to how Randomize a character works, “Randomize world” could:
Select from the current selection of mods available for the (next) stable version to be released, would randomly adjust the options for world genning specifically for that world (for example, increasing hostile spawns to 2.0 and decreasing item spawns to .5 or vice versa) and, of course, the name.

Once the program finishes with those randomizations, it stops before the final setp (confirmation) and allows you to view the selections it made.

Hell, perhaps even try to add a scenario available only in Create World section entitled “Beginning of the end” as an option perhaps?

Scenario possible set up:

“PC starts in a selected area as per the character creation, but spawns rapidly increase with a low chance of a rift opening within hearing range of even poor hearing characters(starting after perhaps 2-3 hrs pending on when the world’s spawn time is for all characters in that particular world), and a moderate-high NPC count, but minimal weapons in their possession, and and shopkeeper NPCs that become hostile if you pick up an item and try to leave without purchasing the item.”

I realize that the scenario would have to wait until NPCs have better functionality, and possibly better AI than the “I see enemy, I kill enemy.” mentality they currently have. When they aren’t fleeing from me and don’t have a mission for me, I often give them a unsilenced weapon specifically for them to draw the horde to themselves while I go looting houses and stores.

But the idea just kind of came to me in the middle of being swarmed by a moderate sized horde yesterday.

that’s a pretty good idea, yea, someone do that hides

I’ll slap this on my TODO list. A list that I’m slowly not completing :stuck_out_tongue:

I take it that this means either “No, you have no idea of how much coding there currently is just for the Randomize Character feature to work properly.” or “Decent Idea, but code is not stable enough for the idea to function properly at present.”?

Neither. It means I put it on this page full of, in my opinion, ideas I have found while browsing the forums that I would like to see implemented. I work on one every now and then.

Neither. It means I put it on this page full of, in my opinion, ideas I have found while browsing the forums that I would like to see implemented. I work on one every now and then.[/quote]
Ah, I see there are a lot of buildings, but I do thank you for looking at the idea and considering it for implementation.

Yea, same here, it’s worth doing, but so are the roughly 500 other things on my list :confused:

LOL @ to-do lists, I have a similar one though it’s not Cata-related hides