Acid zombies

I find Spitters to be a bit obnoxious. They’re almost guaranteed damage until you get acidproof boots. Being pigeonholed into very specific gear to counter them is also rather unfun.

There are acid proof boots?

Turn-out boots, rubber boots, certain survivor gear (which I disable). Nothing literally called “acid proof boots” though. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Turnout Boots: Acid 6 Environmental 8
Rubber Boots: Acid 9 Environmental 1
Survivor Fire/Wetsuit Boots: Acid 5 Environmental 10

Are any of those really enough to protect your feet? I think you’re going to have no legs pretty quick if you stand in acid with any of those.

Acid is limited to 6 initial damage.

Im not sure how dangerous you think acid is. The acid damage adds up over time, which can be negated via envio prot.

Additionally, you may wear 2 layers of firefighters socks. And swimming booties offer some protection, I believe.

And additionally, the game factors in legs as well

[quote=“pisskop, post:25, topic:12702”]Acid is limited to 6 initial damage.

Im not sure how dangerous you think acid is. The acid damage adds up over time, which can be negated via envio prot.

Additionally, you may wear 2 layers of firefighters socks. And swimming booties offer some protection, I believe.

And additionally, the game factors in legs as well[/quote]

Sorry, I don’t understand. Can you give an example? What cloths would I wear to be acid proof?

Full immunity requires sum of 15 env protection and 5 acid resistance on both legs and feet.

For example, turnout boots (immunity to damage, 8 env) + turnout trousers (3 acid res, 6 env) + 2 * flame-resistant suit (1 acid res, 2 env each) will give you immunity to direct field damage and a very high chance to avoid the status effect.
15 env immunity is quite hard to get, but 8 will give you enough resistance not to bother with dodging acid fields, except maybe walking around them if you’re not in a hurry.

Are there, by any chance, any other decent acid protection for legs other than turnout trousers?

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a tailoring modification to increase acid resistance of a clothing item? We can sew kevlar, leather, fur and wool… but something for acid resistance. Plastic? And fire resistance while at it (nomex?). Possibly others?

there are some suits like survivor wetsuit,firesuit or aep suit which protect legs among others.